• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

latest gaming purchase ?

Last Three Gaming Purchases

Lords of Waterdeep by Wizards of the Coast
DCC RPG Free RPG Day Adventure Starter by Goodman Games
Small World by Days of Wonder

My Next purchase will be

DCC RPG by Goodman Games

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I think my most recent purchase was a pdf of the oWoD Sluagh Kithbook for Changeling: The Dreaming. My wife was considering a character for a game she's playing, and wanted to review the book before making up her mind...

I am very apt to buy the Dresden Files RPG shortly.

innerdude

Legend
  • Lords of Waterdeep board game (awesomely fun, BTW)
  • Shaintar (Savage Worlds Campaign Setting)
  • FantasyCraft hardcover
  • Edge of Anarchy paperback (Part 1 of Pathfinder Crimson Throne adventure path)
  • GameMastery Towns map tiles

SteelDraco

First Post
Savage Worlds Horror Companion, I think. Fun book so far, using it for a Call of Cthulhu/Deadlands game I'm running. Several powers that are a nice addition to the list.

SolitonMan

Explorer
Supporter
Just last night I got Portal 2 for pc on Steam for about $7.

Over the weekend I was browsing the Frog God Games site and ordered hc and sc copies of Swords & Wizardry, along with a PDF.

Lately I've been mostly consumed by trying out mod after mod for Skyrim, so my time for actually using my other gaming purchases has been somewhat scarce.

Agamon

Adventurer
Not sure what came last, either Marvel Heroic Roleplay (deadtree) or The Walking Dead on XBLA. It's been a few weeks, regardless.

Edit: Actually, my card was charged last week for my P500 order of 1989 (a Twilight Struggle spinoff), so maybe that counts?

Tallifer

Hero
My chief ongoing purchase is my subscription to the Dungeons & Dragons Insider. It has become quite expensive considering the drought of playing in the Fourth Edition in my area. Everyone has switched to Pathfinder or Old School.

My latest purchase of a book was Heroes of the Fallen lands, the Monster Vault (tokens unpunched) and the Rules Compendium from one of said gamers.

My purchase? The 2012 Troop Surge

I picked up 684 Dreamblade minis in factory sealed cases and 1,345 assorted Mage Knight minis for the price of $143.00.

The Dreamblade minis are awesome but it takes significant effort to unbase them. I ignored the advice of using a hot knife - a Dremel with a rotary cutting tool is better for the task for all but a minority of them, overall.

I have a lot of rebasing to do. I'm going with Litko 3mm plywood 20mm, 25mm and 50 mm bases, Alenes Tacky Glue, black primer for the bases and Minwax polyshade for a brush dip on the minis where necessary.

For the Mage Knight minis alone, for $143, it was the best gaming dollar I ever spent. The odds of a deal as good as what I got coming up for you on ebay are unlikely. I watched for quite a while for that one to pop up, which as it happens, came up for sale on ebay.ca and was not locatable in a search of ebay.com. That's why they went for about 1/3rd to 1/4 the current going price for Mage Knight mini lots of that size.

now that is a deal...

Remove ads