Unearthed Arcana Latest Unearthed Arcana Introduces Rogue & Ranger Archetypes

New UA (1/16/2017): Ranger and Rogue The new UA is up, you can see it here:http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/2017_01_UA_RangerRogue_0117JCMM.pdf

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I saw that and I too thought "damn, unlimited HP". It's good that it's been changed but... *where*? Where is this correction coming from?

thanks!

The PDF was updated very quickly. Try clearing your cache and download again.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
.... am I blind? I am now looking at this pdf with a new device (last night I was on my laptop) and I still don't see that limitation....

No, you are not blind. I just did what I said and re-downloaded it and it doesn't show the limitation. What the heck?

I'm including a screenshot of the PDF I downloaded, including showing the start of the next one. Really odd.

View attachment 82824

As you can see, the wording is rather different. The current one starts with "...you gain the endurance..." while the PDF I have is "...you can channel the endurance...", and some of the other wording also differs.

I guess they had two editions of this UA. Both what I downloaded and what they have up there now have the same name of 2017_01_UA_RangerRogue_0117JCMM.pdf.

I wonder if there are any other differences...
Horizon Walker looks exactly the same with an eyeball grep. I'm actually just looking for number of lines and spotchecking that each line on the page starts with the same word.
Rest of Primeval Guardian looks the same.
Scout looks the same.

So the PDFs are identical except that the wording in Ancient Fortitude varies in several places, but to the same mechanical effect except one version only allows it once per rest.

Remove ads

Remove ads