Lay-offs at Fantasy Flight Games?

Rumours have been posted over on Reddit that layoffs are taking place at FFG, which produces the Star Wars and Genesys RPGs, amongst many other things, most notably a metric ton of board games.

Rumours have been posted over on Reddit that layoffs are taking place at FFG, which produces the Star Wars and Genesys RPGs, amongst many other things, most notably a metric ton of board games.

Its unclear what’s the situation is, but Sam Bailey, formerly of FFG has reported 14 layoffs, and Tim Gerritson confirms on LinkedIn that Fantasy Flight Interactive has been shut down.

This report suggests that the RPG department is a casualty. And this blog post has a good summary of what's currently in the pipeline, product-wise.

This post on LinkedIn confirms that Fantasy Flight Interactive is being closed:

Ulfgeir

Hero
Remember Hasbro has the rights for toys of Disney/Marvel/Star Wars. But I notice WotC would need a lot of time and work for the ultimate d20 SW.

Well, that would depend I think on how much they would like to deviate from the system in D&D 5e, and their previous stuff. I mean they could just reissue Saga edition like that if they wanted to.

The fact is there are (free) homebred versions of SW for D&D. But how to explain it? If you can use a remote-control battle drone to kill a rancor or another kaiju alien with only a shot.... how should be the XP reward? Or your mission has failed, lost all the rest of the squad, and you are only your PCs and a low-level/primitive tribemen, ewoks, for example, as help against empire stronghold.

Remove ads

Remove ads