Lay on Hands and CHA

The Sword 88

First Post
LAy on hands is a paladin ability that allows you to use a surge to heal someone else. A feat called healing hands allows you to add your CHA modifier to the healing and the Hospitaller paragon path also allows you to add your CHA modifier to the healing, do these stack?

ValhallaGH

Explorer
There is no reason they wouldn't.

Note that the Healing Hands feat only works when you use Lay on Hands on allies, so if you use it on yourself then you don't get the Healing Hands bonus. However, you would still get the Hospitaller bonus.

ValhallaGH

Explorer
raven_dark64 said:
Lay on Hands cannot be used on yourself.
Yes it can. The target is One Creature. Paladins are creatures (really, they are!). Therefore the paladin using Lay on Hands can use it upon themself.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Lay on hands is a little contested. I personally see no problem with using it on yourself - you are, after all, a creature, and the target is "One creature".

However, some people, along with a WotC Customer Service response, say that you can't use it on yourself. At this point I think it's up to each individual DM. (Actually, everything is always up to each individual DM, if you think about it).

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
James McMurray said:
It can, because it targets a creature, which includes enemies, allies, and you (pg. 57).
But what about neutral parties?!?!!!!?!!111?! ZOMG you can't ever do ANYTHING to BYSTANDERS!!

Edit: WotC you have RUINED my game!!!1!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases