League of Extraordinary Gentralmen

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Hmm, I really like parts of that book, but the story itself is not really.. there. Most of the book is the gathering of the team.

It will be interesting to see how the changes they are making for the movie play out. I suspect the rape scene at the school will be out.

FD

Sulimo

First Post
I really liked the first series (and cant wait to get the TPB of series 2).

I must say I'm a little concerned about the film version. Adding Tom Sawyer (for poor US audience members I guess), and not even using the same villain.

I wonder if anything will be left aside from the concept.

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Sulimo said:

I must say I'm a little concerned about the film version. Adding Tom Sawyer (for poor US audience members I guess), and not even using the same villain.

I think Tom Sawyer and Dorien Grey (did I get the name right?) are good additions. They fit as well as any of the other characters.
Though, there may be too many now.

As for the villian- from what I read somewhere, there is some possible copyright issue over that character. *shrug* That does not make sense to me, but what do I know.

I wonder if anything will be left aside from the concept.

If they did not change a thing from the book, then the movie would be really bad.

I really liked the first series (and cant wait to get the TPB of series 2).

I agree on the waiting for the TPB of the second series. If this one is delayed like the second, then I will pass on that frustration.

Though, from what I have read- it is also having an odd story structure- which is a shame.. since the protagonists are so interesting they deserve the spot light.

FD

Remove ads