• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luinnar

First Post
No, but it helps with understanding the setting. We've put a summary of major races/changes in the LEB wiki (and link to other wikis with more info) to help some of that, but we can't reproduce the mechanical parts in the Wiki.
Thanks.
I want to get PH3 and Arcane Powers before I get any other books :lol:

EvolutionKB

First Post
I'm with R1 here. The bickering doesn't help either side. That said, I'm wihtout access to the CB, but the template does get better the more times you do it. Hopefully getting taxes back will give me enough of a refund to figure out why my computer can't get the CB.

To me, the time required to make make a character using a template isn't too bad, especially if you take the time to look over your options. Since I don't have the CB, I can see where it'd be frustrating, but to me, it's not.

If we can get a better format the better things will be.

Vertexx69

First Post
1. I have a question about the Avalache Hammer from Adv Vault 2. It says: Property: When you charge an enemy and hit with a melee basic attack using this weapon, the attack deals 1[W] extra dmg.

I think this should include all attack powers that can be used at the end of a charge as well though, or it would just be a weaker version of the Vanguard Weapon that can only be made from a hammer and costs more. Yes the Avalache Hammer does 1d10* and knocks prone on a crit instead of 1d8*, but the Vanguard has a daily power so I consider those a wash.

(* per plus)

2. When is martial power 3 available for use?

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Except [W] has the potential to be more than a d8. If you're using a Mordenkrad, the Avalanche enchantment does more damage on a charge.

Vertexx69

First Post
Except [W] has the potential to be more than a d8. If you're using a Mordenkrad, the Avalanche enchantment does more damage on a charge.
Which is why it costs more and is limited to only hammers. The only characters that would ever want either the Vanguard or Avalanche weapons are those classes that charge in the first place (all of which have charging powers). So why would anyone ever take avalanche over vanguard, when it can only be used with basic charge attacks and costs more money than Vanguard, the way it reads now? In this case Avalanche Hammer is a completely useless weapon that nobody will EVER use, or they wrote it wrong and we can fix it for this world at least.

-

Yup 6 days til we can use martial power 2 then :D as it came out on the 16th.

renau1g

First Post
Avalanche also has a bigger crit damage (1d10 vs 1d8) and it knocks prone on a crit. I'm not really keen on adding more houserules.

I think a fighter (or anyone) charging with an Avalanche Mordenkrad doing 4d6 damage Brutal 1 is doing enough damage without topping it up with Punishing Charge, Howling Strike, etc, etc.

elecgraystone

First Post
The only characters that would ever want either the Vanguard or Avalanche weapons are those classes that charge in the first place (all of which have charging powers).
Really? My warlock with eldritch strike would be happy to use one and she has no charging powers for class (or any other melee powers for that matter).

So why would anyone ever take avalanche over vanguard, when it can only be used with basic charge attacks and costs more money than Vanguard, the way it reads now? In this case Avalanche Hammer is a completely useless weapon that nobody will EVER use, or they wrote it wrong and we can fix it for this world at least.
Many classes have powers that state that they 'this counts as a basic attack' instead of 'use this instead of a basic attack when you charge'. With those powers if your base [w] is 1d10 or higher, you'd want the hammer.

Lets look at a ranger/warlock hybrid. Your at wills are throw and stab and eldritch strike. A pact boomerang and an avalanche craghammer looks pretty sweet to me. 1d6+str [boomerang], +1d6 [quarry], +2d10(brutal 2)+cha [craghammer], +1d6 curse +push 1. Total = 3d6+2d10 +str + cha + push 1. Not bad for an at will. ;) This character says 'yes please' to an avalanche weapon.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads