• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

elecgraystone

First Post
I should have said pact blade boomerang. It's a light blade so it qualifies.

And yes, both add renau1g. It works like this:
The hybrid quarry and curse only add to powers from that class.
Hurl and stab (ranger at will) lets you throw a weapon and charge.
Eldritch stike (warlock at will) can be used as a basic attack so you can use it in the charge you get from hurl and stab.
Since you have used both a ranger and a warlock power in the same attack, both can be added.

elecgraystone

First Post
Yeah I was talking about a Talenta boomerang. I picked it because it has a short range of 6, so short range and the normal max charge of 6 match up, and it added nicely with the other d6's for curse and quarry.

You could replace that feat with powerful charge and do a die less on the throw but +2 dam on the charge. Or you could ignore the implement all together, use a bigger thrown weapon you already know and pick warlock powers that don't use implements like Armor of Agathys and Hellsworn Blessing.

Walking Dad

First Post
I should have said pact blade boomerang. It's a light blade so it qualifies.

And yes, both add renau1g. It works like this:
The hybrid quarry and curse only add to powers from that class.
Hurl and stab (ranger at will) lets you throw a weapon and charge.
Eldritch stike (warlock at will) can be used as a basic attack so you can use it in the charge you get from hurl and stab.
Since you have used both a ranger and a warlock power in the same attack, both can be added.
:confused: this is broken or awesome... I will go with awesome broken :D

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Really? My warlock with eldritch strike would be happy to use one and she has no charging powers for class (or any other melee powers for that matter).

This.

I put together a Warlock with an Avalanche Mordenkrad as my second PC that would have made most Barbarians around here envious with the amount of damage he could do (often above 30 single target with a successful hit on average at level 4, which if you know anything about Warlocks, they are often nowhere near the other Strikers in damage output). I then decided I didn't like the PC, so I dropped him.

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
Eberron question: Can someone with the Eb. Player's Guide explain in general terms what a Dragonshard Augment is? Is this something you stick into your weapon to make it better? Can you stick one into an implement? How does it work?

renau1g

First Post
It says "affix a DA to a magic weapon or remove one during a short/extended rest" (paraphrasing slightly).

It doesn't specifically say it can be used on an implement like a tome that isn't a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads