LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velmont

First Post
Staves (for Wizard and others), daggers (for sorcerer) and swords (for swordmage) are the most obvious target for that shard.

elecgraystone

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
Indeed, nice find elec, particularily nasty.
Now give that character shadowdance armor and a badge of the beserker and now their charge movement and ranged attacks don't provoke OA. you lose out on quarry/curse on a second target (at least the first time) but you can keep bouncing around the map to keep your damage up.

To evilbob, you can place shards on any weapon including a staff. Not sure how CB does it but I've never had it work right for me either. I'll be curious to see hero4hire's reply. I just tries a swordmage with a shard of the mage & a broadsword and couldn't get it to add in.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I believe it's right click on the item in question and there should be option for adding shards/custom properties? I'll check.

elecgraystone

First Post
Ok that works. You just customize the weapon to add it. I never would have figured that out myself. And it does allow staff implements to add them in CB evilbob.

evilbob

Explorer
Thank you all for that help! I never would have guessed that, either. How awkward: you have to go to the shop, right-click the weapon and choose customize (which, until now, just meant: rename) and then you can add it. Yeah, that is amazingly hidden. (Oh, I see that's how you silver a weapon, too! What an amazingly bad interface. I don't think anyone's surprised by that by now, tho.)

On a side now: wow, those shard things are amazing. I didn't realize that heroic/paragon/epic was +1/+3/+5 to all damage for the cost of a 3/13/23 item. Um, yes?

Edit: Wow, it's even better for melee types! Pick up a cold weapon and a 2/12/22 shard for the same effect. You were doing that anyway for frost cheese, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads