Legacy of the Silver Dragon (S&W, 4th ed)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
"I'm still unclear on the renumeration involved with this. Getting between a demon and its sacrifice is even less wise than a dwarf and his mug. There will need to be gold, a pretty girl or both guaranteed, if you want my help."

gambler1650

Explorer
OOC: Also repeated in the "Talking the Talk" OOC thread...

Oh, and something I was just mulling for the clerics... While doing the right thing for the right reason is of course, greatly appreciated by your faiths, churches and superiors... 'adventuring priests' are also encouraged to return with some monetary rewards to help fund the spread of the faith and the maintenance of the structures.

What this will amount to in game terms is, you will be asked to return 10% of all you gain in wealth back to the church/faith. In return, you - and possibly the party, will receive certain benefits - the use of items (weapons, magic items, etc, healing by priests). This is something I thought of, given the conversation regarding which way to choose, and my reminder above that gold/handling foes, will be the primary way to gain XP in this system.

What this means for your _current_ situation is that not only would you be expected to do things for people in the community, but the community members would also expect to recompense you for such services. As such, I'm going to go back to the scene with Anna's foster mother and rule that she offered 150 GP for simply finding out what happened to her, and 500 GP if she is returned via the party's direct involvement.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Must pay a visit to Teacher Dysare, thank her for her not inconsiderable gift. (Which is, no doubt, what She intended...)

"Are you suggesting some sort of connection between demons and young Anne's disappearance?" Myst asked, staring intently at Antares. "I'd want to talk to her friend Erenie before jumping to such conclusions."
"It is a space beyond what I was suggesting," agrees the young mage, not ruffled in the least. "Connections? Patterns in the mists? Things worth investigating if Demons be our path?" A pause, a slight tilt of the head, "Or at the least worthy of consideration?"

After hearing the explanation of the possible connection of both demons and the disappearance of the human lass, Muzim brooms his long beard. "Demons are a witty lot." he states. "And human younglings are the perfect contrary of witty." he says, quizzically. "It might be worth investigatin' I say."
So hearing Antares' mouth opens minimally and his eyes widen -- which, for him, is the equivalent of slack-jawed amazement.

"I'm still unclear on the renumeration involved with this. Getting between a demon and its sacrifice is even less wise than a dwarf and his mug. There will need to be gold, a pretty girl or both guaranteed, if you want my help."
The young elf shakes his surprise away (gift horses and all that). "He is being difficult because we did not immediately seize upon his own idea," he explains to the others in pretend stage whisper, gently teasing.

He sighs and considers possible solution... "Perhaps if you took the time needed to talk to *any* of the principals involved, Bo, they might be willing to put a number on their plight?" he reasonably suggests, though just as obviously he finds the idea rather crass, much preferring to leave such things to people's innate generosity...

<Response Bosco?>

"So what say you, friends? WILL Demons be our path?"

<Response All?>

Binder Fred

"What if slavers prowl the streets instead?" inquires Antares. "Would you be willing to hand things over to the militia?" Brother Myst could sometimes be stubborn about the strangest of things (as could Muzdin, but that went without saying).

Last edited:

gambler1650

Explorer
OOC: So, reading the way the tea leaves are going... Looks like the winner is the combination of Mystery at the General Store (as I'll call the events that occurred there) + Anna's Disappearance.

If there are any major objections to this, I'd advise it to be stated before the end of the weekend, otherwise, please come up with your plan of action.

Binder Fred

<Response Mysthyr?>

"Then I see three possible points of attack," smiles the elf, moving a cup, a flagon and a mug to represent each on the table. "First is our esteemed man from Grenadel, which may or me not be motive force, or perhaps simply trigger? Then comes old man Corl, with friendly fowls flayed on fiendish fiend's altar (or so thinks Master Jorgen). Finally, the missing lady Anne, of fair face and sudden temper..." A sudden idea: "Too there is the general store itself, where auras or effulgence may linger, to be revealed to the trained eye!" A dot of mead on the table next to the Man-From-Grenadel cup to represent such. "I rather think we should begin there early on the morrow, then call on lady Anne's friend, then move on to the Corl farm on the outskirts of town... Agreed?"

It should fill in the day nicely.

Remove ads