Legacy of the Silver Dragon (S&W, 4th ed)

gambler1650

Explorer
OOC: I will note that Binder Fred put a suggestion on how to get the two groups together - Bosco or Stellan going inside to get drinks and noticing the other two characters (who everyone does know... you're all 'friends' :) ) in the OOC thread. I'll also add that there's enough lights for the tables outside, and with the windows opened it's easy to look into or out of the tavern to see people...

Also, it might be best to do simple table talk comments - like the one Binder Fred made in the IC thread, but more involved discussions in the OOC thread.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Antares considers the halfling, a touch of sadness in his green eyes, "Then you will be rich, my friend, but never great, or powerful..." He blinks, realization setting in: "And how, pray, can a treasure map be classified as 'definite'...? Or, for that matter, returning alive and hale from monster-infested caves to collect said moneys? Indeed, Potential seems to rest its iridescent cloak before *all* our tales, oh spurious trickster." A smile, sudden as sunlight through the clouds: "Isn't it great?"
"If we had a gold coin for every word that fell from your lips, everyone in Ascadar would have a fat belly, dwell in a lordly manor and ride a fine horse. Go see if the bartender will take some of your words as currency; I am not your serving monkey, sir!"

Myst sat down while Muzdin retrieved the ale. When the dwarf returned, Myst nodded towards the old woman he had been speaking to. "That woman there is the foster mother of a young woman named Anne. Perhaps you've seen her around town? Anyway, it seems Anne has run off, or been taken, or who knows what. The old woman says that Anne and she had an argument but nothing serious. After that, Anne disappeared. The old woman is convinced that something bad happened and that she didn't just run off. She said that Anne's friend Erenie saw her last. Erenie lives here in town with her father Kestendar, not far from here. I told the old woman I might check into it for her. What have you been up to aside from wagging your tongue about Takam?"

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"If we had a gold coin for every word that fell from your lips, everyone in Ascadar would have a fat belly, dwell in a lordly manor and ride a fine horse. Go see if the bartender will take some of your words as currency; I am not your serving monkey, sir!"
"I will take that for the admission of defeat that it is," smilingly nods the elf, standing. He seems, notes Bosco, infuriatingly unperturbed in his newfound happiness. "What would you like?"

<Response Stellan, Bosco?>

After taking his and stellan's order, along with a little coinage from the latter <I'm hoping?>, Antares makes his way into the Half and Human, heading as straight for the bar as the shifting streams of patrons will allow... though he does try a curious glance at their mysterious man from Grenadel as he passes.

OOC: Wis check to Spot Muzdin and Myst (Antares is NOT the most observant of mages :)): 1d20=19. Failed.

Maybe that is why he notices nothing else on his way there. "Master Anden? Master Anden..?" And he lists his immediate desires.

OOC: A small mead for himself, please.

gambler1650

Explorer
The man from Grenadel is hard at work in the kitchens, prepping food as needed. The main cook yells his way once, "Kapen, got those onions ready yet?" Kapen nods with an aye of agreement and passes over the bowl.

Eyes follow Antares as he enters, but conversations continue, and soon enough he has the order for himself and his companions...

OOC: I'll rule that while Antares didn't notice Myst or Muzdin, that they noticed him.. after all the plan was to meet here, and the attention that elves get in this place - turned heads - due to not being usual patrons, will be obvious enough.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdim nods. "I've overheard some of that, but was too concentrated on that ignorant son of a cow. I tell you, the humans of this town are growing weary of us dwarves, and of other races too. If they start to do, instead of just talk, it will be the end of them." the dwarf says, in his usual secretly and shady mood. He rises his mug non the less. "To friendship, and collaboration my friend." he takes a long swing after the toast. "Even if your God is a kurmat." The last word in dwarven means girly, of delicate manners. Myst had learned that word in particular, as Muzdim used it alot.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
OOC: In the interest of speed, I'm going to assume the following (and yes, I did try a second Wis roll for Antares. Failed again :().

"Antares, boy! Over here!"

The elf turns to see <what does your character look like, Thoric?> and smiles wide. "Brother Myst! When and by whence did you arrive?" His enthousiasm cools somewhat as he spots the armored dwarf by his side. "Master Stonehand." A polite nod.

"Actually and as happens, we sit on the terrace just beyond yonder window. Would you care to join us, so that we-" a look to the inn's busy surroundings "-do not bother others here with our tales? It has been a most auspicious day!" Tales yearning to be told twinkle deep in his green eyes.

<assuming a yes:
"Stellan, Bo, look what I have found," with a wave to the two new arrivals as he sits.

"Hm?" A pause as Antares spots the wooden ring sitting in front of his chair, followed by a puzzled look at his bare left hand, as if he somehow forgot not putting it on earlier. Well. With a smile he *does* now slide the newfound magic ring on his left middle finger, with some relish -- subtle warmth percolating up his arm, prickling from a lobe somewhere under and down from his right temple. (He'll need - let's see - polished steel to balance it on the right, most likely, plain matching plain?)

OOC: Character sheet updated.

On being told of the missing lady Anne by Mysthyr: "Master Jorgen mentioned only fowls, it is true," admits Antares, "but is it not also a deeper truth that demons, in all stories told, prefer the young and the innocent for their sacrifice?"

[sblock=OOC]Gambler, does anybody know where Anne and her mother lived? Is it anywhere near Old Man Corl's farm (he of the missing chickens)? Antares will also check on the inn from time to time during the conversation, in case Kapen decides to unleash his demonic gifts on the innocent populace once more. :)

Voda, I put in some pre-existing tension between Muzdin and Antares, one being concerned with the keeping of secrets, the other with their unmasking -- plus there's that whole dwarves vs elves thing.:) Hope you don't mind. I thought it could add some fun to the proceedings.[/sblock]

"Are you suggesting some sort of connection between demons and young Anne's disappearance?" Myst asked, staring intently at Antares. "I'd want to talk to her friend Erenie before jumping to such conclusions."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Hmp... Antares..." Muzdim mumbles and nods in reply to the elf. Coming from the secretive dwarf it might have been the most warm greeting the elf had have so far from the war cleric of Takam.
After hearing the explanation of the possible connection of both demons and the disappearance of the human lass, Muzim brooms his long beard. "Demons are a witty lot." he states. "And human younglings are the perfect contrary of witty." he says, quizzically. "It might be worth investigatin' I say."

OOC: Good idea Binie boy!

Remove ads