Legacy of the Silver Dragon (S&W, 4th ed)

gambler1650

Explorer
Outside the Half and Human: Antares, Stellan, Bosco

Just as Stellan comes out to report his findings to Antares, and Bo is also drawn into the events of the day, a crowd of townsfolk pass by and enter the tavern. Or at least a crowd, compared to the streets as they had been. Miners, lumber workers, and militia going off duty - while the night watch comes on, all are beginning to make their way to their favorite watering holes. An older woman also comes down the street, and seeing a member of the militia going inside, makes her way inside too even though she is quite out of place in the group (OOC: see Mysthyr's thread above, and the next post after this one). She can be heard saying: "My Anna was taken..." before she disappears inside and her voice gets drowned out by the growing volume inside.

Another unusual figure makes his way over, a young male elf with oddly colored grey hair, and coal black eyes. Antares recognizes him immediately, one of the other apprentices to a mentor of Antares in magic. While Antares learned a lot from his father, his family had paid to expose him to other types of magic as well. The young man's name is Enderise and has just started learning under Dysare, the mentor. Dysare had traveled into the surrounding forest a couple of weeks ago without informing anyone why she was going, merely saying that she had business to attend to. Enderise drops into a seat at Antares' table, giving Bosco and Stellan a brief glance before saying without preamble, "Dysare's back. She asked me to give you this when she found out you.. uh.. left." And he passes across a ring that appears to be finely crafted from the hardwood that is the town's major export.

OOC: Antares: Feel free to change names, or the background as suggested above to more fully fit your concept, but this is a way of getting you an item...

Last edited:

gambler1650

Explorer
Inside the Half and Human: Mysthyr

The militiaman gives Mysthyr a look, seems about to say something, and then pauses as he notices the holy symbol the young cleric wears. "Praise Pelor..." he mutters under his breath, and then says, "Wasting your breath on this one.." before he walks away towards the bar.

The older woman turns to Mysthyr, "Oh. Young master. Please. No one believes me. She... she's gone! And she wouldn't have just left.. and even if she would have, she didn't take any of her stuff. We had a fight a few nights ago, and she said she was going to go to a friend's and cool off. She never came back, and her friend said Anna never got there. Something must have happened to her!"

OOC: Mysthyr: You remember Anna, though since she had little interest in religions of any kind, you didn't have any direct interaction with her - beyond of the head turning kind, the young woman was something of a looker.

Mysthyr waited patiently at a table in the corner of the Half and Human. Muzdin was late and Myst was already halfway into his third drink. His coin was going to dry up quickly at this rate. It was just like the dwarf to keep him waiting. Myst figured he'd be broke by the time he left the tavern this evening. He'd need at least a few more drinks to get through the inevitable debate that he knew he'd end up in with Muzdin about their respective faiths.

The cleric took another sip of his ale and then heard a woman speaking somewhat loudly behind him. Turning in his chair, he spotted an older woman standing by a table where a member of the local militia was sitting. He didn't recognize either at first and then realized that he knew the old woman as the foster mother of a young woman named Anna.

“My Anna was taken two nights ago! I told you! Have you even looked for her?”

The militiaman looked annoyed to be bothered. Likely he was off duty. “Crazy old woman. Everyone knows she was just looking to get away from you. She always talked about going to see the Empire," the man replied.

Anna's foster mother shook her head negatively. She appeared on the verge of losing control. Her hands made fists at her sides and she was shaking with anger.

Myst stood up and approached the two, clearing his throat to make his presence known. "Excuse me. If I may intrude, why is it that you think Anna was taken and by whom do you believe she was taken?" he asked the old woman.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
My precious!

a crowd of townsfolk pass by and enter the tavern. Or at least a crowd, compared to the streets as they had been. Miners, lumber workers, and militia going off duty - while the night watch comes on, all are beginning to make their way to their favorite watering holes.
Antares watches them pass, idly glad their number - their presence and their noise - will shield the developing conversation. "Hidden currents," he comments to Stellan's fascinating report. "He does not like those outside his race, this boy from Grenadel... Did you get a name for him?"

<Assuming a no from Stellan:
The elf gently smiles and tilts his head, "But you acquired the name of the serving wench, correct?"

<Response Stellan? Bosco?>
Enderise drops into a seat at Antares' table, giving Bosco and Stellan a brief glance before saying without preamble, "Dysare's back. She asked me to give you this when she found out you.. uh.. left." And he passes across a ring that appears to be finely crafted from the hardwood that is the town's major export.
"Did she perhaps say what She intended by it?" He is obviously already quite distracted by this point though, twirling the ornament this way and that so that he may observe it under every possible angle. "Ah, my appologies. Bosco Bracegirdle, Stellan of Griffindom, this is apprentice Enderise, a fellow seeker of things magical and arcane." And yet he *still* hasn't looked up from his smiling inspection of the ring!

OOC: Any markings or patterns on this thing? Inklings of things magical?

Myst acknowledged the mumbled praise to Pelor with a nod of his head and then watched the militiaman go. His attention was almost immediately pulled back to the old woman when she started talking again. He listened intently and then nodded. "What was it that you and Anna fought about, if you don't mind me asking?"

After hearing her answer, he said, "Perhaps I could talk to her friend. Could you tell me where she lives so that I can call on her?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
A dwarf was silently sitting on a corner of the tavern. Shade covered half his being, only visible was the lower part of his body. His face and half of his torso remained unseen.

(#7)
"Dwarves and Elves. I tell ya, they think they own the town. Better get used to their place."
"Hey, keep it down..."
"Why? Ain't like the bitch is going to hear us, right?"

"Oh I will." comes the booming and bass voice from the corner, like if it would come from a grave. As he stands up, the shadows dissipate, showing a dwarf, with some grey hair already in his beard. "And you'll do well in not having such thoughts in your minds. When you start rising and cultivating such thoughts, they overgrow, invade your very soul, and turn you into a foulspawn, and you begin to saw the seed of chaos and hatred into other people's heart. Soon your community is no more, with the help your neighbours gave you gone, you succumb to the many threats that plague the land. So tear those thoughts from your minds, like a farmer that rips off the bad weed, or be blighted and forgotten." the grim speech the dwarf gives seems so eerie that makes the hair in the back of the neck stand.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Enderise drops into a seat at Antares' table, giving Bosco and Stellan a brief glance before saying without preamble, "Dysare's back. She asked me to give you this when she found out you.. uh.. left." And he passes across a ring that appears to be finely crafted from the hardwood that is the town's major export.
Bosco smokes his pipe, only vaguely paying attention.

"So, who wants to make some money?" His hand shoots in the air. "I do, I do! You do? I do! It turns out there are several money-making opportunities we could be engaged in right now, once you two get engaged, or whatever elf thing you're doing is completed."

gambler1650

Explorer
Outside the Half and Human: Antares, Bosco, Stellan, and Enderise (NPC)

Enderise turns to give the halfling a brief look, seeming distracted. "Nice to meet you." He also seems somewhat worried by the looks some of the humans are giving the table with two elves sitting at it and possibly a bit anxious to be on his way again. He turns back to Antares, "She said to... try memorizing an extra spell tomorrow morning while concentrating on the ring. Um, I should go. More errands to run before night." He stands up, pauses, Sorry you got kicked out of your house, Antares. and then makes his way through the town.

The stream of people into the Half and Human has slowed after the first normal wave from people ending their work at sunset. Another crowd usually comes in later, a bit more subdued and interested in long drinks and conversation. This crowd is a touch noisier, and often rowdier given the hard work they usually do in the mines and forests. It's one of the reasons the militia also changes over at this time, as they too can come to the taverns and inns in the town. They're told in no uncertain terms that if trouble starts and they're in a public place, they're considered to be on duty - and if they stand by they will be sent to work shifts in the mines instead of the town.

Bosco, you did see Master Harvil walk by and into the tavern.

gambler1650

Explorer
Inside the Half and Human: Mysthyr, Muzdin

Tables are filling up, and drinks are being served liberally, along with some of the potato soup that's been prepared. More meals are being prepared in the back, the smell of roasting meat beginning to waft through the room. There are maybe 17 or so people inside now.

Mysthyr
The old woman coughs a couple of times - possibly from the smoke that wafts through the tavern from the kitchens, the place could use better ventilation. Then she replies, "It was something stupid. I asked her to go to pick up some things for me from the market, and she said she didn't want to go there. She refused to say why, and one thing led to another and next thing you know we were yelling at each other. Young ones, they're so willful.. not that my conduct was much better. I just want her back..." When Mysthyr asks about her friend, she says: "Her friend is Erenie, she lives with her father - Kestendar, in the middle of town." She describes the directions from her house more on the edge of town to it, but well enough so that you could easily find it from anywhere in the town.

Muzdin
The two men talking to each other at a table midway between the bar and the corner where Muzdin sit go silent for a moment. Then the first man, the one who was denigrating elves and dwarves, stands up. Muscled, likely a woodcutter given the healthy tan he has compared to the paler skin of most of the miners, and relatively tall, he turns towards Muzdin. "It's your kind that's the blight, and best forgotten." His friend, while equally muscled tugs at his arm, "Greger, sit down. You don't want trouble here." The militiaman who was talking to the old woman that Mysthyr is now talking to is at the bar, and glances over but doesn't say anything just yet.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Outside the Half and Human: Antares, Bosco, Stellan, and Enderise (NPC)

"Um, I should go. More errands to run before night." He stands up, pauses, Sorry you got kicked out of your house, Antares. and then makes his way through the town.
"My thank yous to Teacher Dysare!" calls the young elf after him, half-rising out of his chair. "AND I wanted to ask you if She discovered anything on her mysterious journey," he sighs as he sinks back down. Enderise was never very social to begin with, it is true. He and his new teacher are a good match in that respect... He shakes it off: Ah well.

"Is money all you have to offer?"
smiles Antares to his diminutive friend. "WE have fell magics bent on causing unrest, the possibility of foul demon-worship, citizens in danger," he adds with Stellan's peculiarities in mind before his green eyes start widening with enthousiasm: "You know what that means, don't you? Grimoires! Grimoires filled with summonings and bindings!"

<Response Bosco, Stelan?>

OOC: You both know that since his "exile" last week, Antares has been missing his dad's library most of all, being reduced to his own spellbook and to any piece of writing he can borrow/temporarily beg off its owner. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads