Legacy of the Silver Dragon (S&W, 4th ed)

gambler1650

Explorer
OOC: Antares, that's fine with me.... Just waiting to see what you guys do.

The Half and Human Inn is pretty quiet now. Most of the men in the town are working, and the women are with their kids, so you don't see people going in and out. It tends to open up for meals and drinks in another hour or so, a bit before sunset.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Antares frows, lightly: what now..? "Perhaps we can observe through the front windows?"
Stellan remains uncharacteristically quiet, and when the young elf looks his way moments later, his whole attitude seems to say: "This is *your* demon, you know."

"Hm, ah, so," temporizes his friend, feeling slightly slighted for some reason... But there will, probably, be time for that later. And so the wizard's apprentice looks about, then leans in and whispers, "Then I think I will, indeed, observe through the front windows and you could, perhaps, best occupy your time by following directly?" He quietly walks two slender fingers towards the side door as he suggests this. "I do not think he has seen you..."

<Response Stellan?>

<Assuming a "yes":
"Fare thee well, my friend." And while Antares makes his way towards one of the shaded tables set out haphazardly on the outward-bulging width of plank fronting the inn, Stellan heads for the side door through which the man with the potatoes so recently entered. Both with some trepidation in their hearts.

OOC: Antares will choose a table near the windows, so he can look inside the main room. Stellan would probably try to glimpse through any windows flanking the door before entering, I think.

mdengler

First Post
"He doesn't appear to be much of a demon but I'm always happy to see the inside of a tavern," Stellan says with an smile breaking across his broad face. With long, confident strides he crosses the planks to the side door and enters the tavern. Ignoring the demon he hails the barkeep and orders an ale before sitting with his back to the wall. Sipping his ale with a contented smile he surveys the interior for any available wenches or barmaids (and sneaking a glance at our demon as he looks around).

OOC: what is the layout in the tavern?

Binder Fred

Well played! thinks Antares. From his vantage, the young wizard is free to concentrate more fully on their shared target, atune to any reachings for instruments cursed, castings magical... or perhaps - could he be so lucky? - a translucent glimpse at an ethereal demon visage?

OOC: Try to spot if anybody in the potato man's wake gets suddenly angry as well, please.

gambler1650

Explorer
At the Half and Human Tavern: Antares, Stellan - Bosco is approaching and can join in any way he so desires

The interior is darker than the outside, but torches on the walls keep things reasonably well lit. It's simply decorated, with a relatively large open common area, the bar, and then an open space behind the bar that acts as the kitchen. The main door from the front is opposite the bar and kitchen in the back, and the side door on the right hand side of the room that Stellan entered is opposite the hearth set in the wall. There's a reasonably clean, but well worn rug made of animal skins that covers the wood floor. The furniture is sized for the various races of Ascadar and well made and maintained.

There is one other patron, a halfling sitting near the hearth and nursing an ale.

The young man with the bag of potatoes has deposited said bag on the masonry stone in the kitchen and is talking to the cook, a middle aged human with dark hair streaked with grey named Krevan.

A human serving wench, nicely rounded in all the right places with dusky blonde hair comes up to Stellan after he receives his drink from Anden, the barkeep. She says, "Will there be anything else, young master?" She's probably in her late 20's, and is someone who hasn't been seen here before. Assuming Stellan at least has frequented the place a time or two, he knows that Krevan was hoping to find a couple of new employees to replace some who had left for better paying ventures in town.

The owner and the young man are both still chatting in the back, and Krevan says, "Ok, so you've proved you can carry the potatos, let's see how quickly you can prep them for tonight's meal. Knives are over there."

OOC: Antares, nobody inside appears to be acting particularly oddly, or angrily.

Last edited:

mdengler

First Post
"What a wonderfully enticing question," Stellan replies with a grin and a generous tip. "I was considering something to eat but it looks like there's new staff in the kitchen. Can you tell me who they are and if they're as good as the last bunch? Your smile has brightened my day and I'd hate to spoil it with a bit of uncooked mutton."

OOC: I'm not sure what the drink cost or what a normal tip would be so I'll leave the amount up to you.

gambler1650

Explorer
There's a brief smile from the new wench as Stellan pays the 5 coppers for the drink plus two for the tip. "Thank you, young master." She pauses for a moment as she glances over her shoulder at the young man, who is now skinning and chopping potatoes, putting them in a pot. "That one you mean? He was in the same caravan I was. Bunch of us from Grenadel, hoping to do a bit better for ourselves out here. Guess we were lucky, this place was looking for help. Anyhow. He's a good cook even if his sense of humor is a bit..." she pauses, searching for the words, "He makes fun of non-humans a lot." She speaks quietly and no one sems to have heard, especially since Krevan and the young man have begun to talk about the night's menu.

OOC: Grenadel is a village to the southwest of Ascadar along the main road. Rumors around town have it that they're struggling since the caves nearby have been mined almost completely of the semi-precious gems that originally made it an attractive place to settle.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

A bit of a disappointment so far, quietly mulls Antares from his spot at the window. Perhaps the boy with the potatoes does not dare cause unrest in what is obviously his place of employ...? Or, more than likely, is it the lack of targets that dampens his enthousiasm? If only the young elf could hear what it is they speak of! But the windows are too thick, the speakers too far... Or are they?

OOC: Antares looks at the window itself: does it seem possible to pry it open so he can listen in?
[sblock=IF YES and nobody is looking at him]After a nervous look at his surroundings, Antares reaches out, lays his finger tips against glass and incants soft sibilants in the tongue of Air. His other hand motions up, up... up!

OOC: or is that "to me, to me... to me!"? This, by the way, is the 'STR as Levitation' thing we talked about earlier... Acceptable?
[/sblock]

Remove ads