Legacy of the Silver Dragon (S&W, 4th ed)

gambler1650

Explorer
A bit of a disappointment so far, quietly mulls Antares from his spot at the window. Perhaps the boy with the potatoes does not dare cause unrest in what is obviously his place of employ...? Or, more than likely, is it the lack of targets that dampens his enthousiasm? If only the young elf could hear what it is they speak of! But the windows are too thick, the speakers too far... Or are they?

OOC: Antares looks at the window itself: does it seem possible to pry it open so he can listen in?
[sblock=IF YES and nobody is looking at him]After a nervous look at his surroundings, Antares reaches out, lays his finger tips against glass and incants soft sibilants in the tongue of Air. His other hand motions up, up... up!

OOC: or is that "to me, to me... to me!"? This, by the way, is the 'STR as Levitation' thing we talked about earlier... Acceptable?
[/sblock]

The window is unlocked, often the windows are left open at night and probably due to the place being open for business, with both owners and workers inside, there's no need for it to be locked. The only person who might notice the lifting of the window would be Stellan, as the wench is facing him, and the rest of the staff are in the kitchen currently except the bartender who is watching the food prep. As soon as the window is open, Antares can hear the conversation inside with no problems.

OOC: Perfectly acceptable.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
OOC: A slight re-write if I may:
The only person who might notice the lifting of the window and the slight golden sparkle that accompanied it, would be Stellan, as the wench is facing him, and the rest of the staff are in the kitchen currently except the bartender who is watching the food prep. As soon as the window is open, Antares can hear the conversation inside with no problems.

Haaa, much better, thinks Antares as he leans fractionnaly closer, the satisfying tingle of magic slowly ebbing from his limbs.

gambler1650

Explorer
It becomes evident that the young man that Antares followed is planning little more than to help prep the food for the patrons who should likely be coming into the Half and Human soon, as miners return around sunset. Finished with the potatoes, Krevan starts him on the vegetables, and the smell of potatoes being cooked begins to waft out into the tavern and the open window where Antares sits. The serving wench looks again at Stellan after answering his last question, and asks, "Will there be anything else young master?"

OOC: Fine with the rewrite.... :)

mdengler

First Post
"The ale and a smile was all I needed," Stellan says as he finishes his drink and stands up, towering over the serving girl. "Have a fine evening and enjoy your stay in our village." With another casual glance at the comings and goings in the tavern he strides back outside.

gambler1650

Explorer
Just as Stellan comes out of the Half and Human, Bosco comes into sight and is close enough for hailing distance. The sun is setting, and Master Harvil (the man whose group of miners broke into previously unknown caverns) and other miners are seen, coming into the town from the road to the north (to which the Half and Human is conveniently located). Some appear to be heading in a straight line to the tavern, others are moving to various houses located throughout this part of the town.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
In that he is somewhat disappointed to find his elven friend seated in front of a bare expanse of varnished maple. Not too surprising considering said friend's current financial straits, but still...

Antares does note the look though and smiles. "Hungry?" His smile widens as he suddenly leans forth and the information dam bursts: "We believe demons may be haunting fair Ascadar, Bo! Would it not make a fine first foray for the Behenian Company?" <see note below>

OOC: Do assume he fills in the Halfling at the slightest provocation. ;)
[sblock=Behenian Company]Behenian Company is the name Antares is currently championing for the group (he's explained what they are at great lengths and on more than one occasion). This has, I imagine, not been met with thunderous applause. :) Feel free - no - encouraged to come up with alternate candidates.[/sblock]

mdengler

First Post
Stellan wanders over as well. "I didn't see any evidence of demons but the new barmaid is friendly," he says with a shrug. He passes along the info he learned inside.

Mysthyr waited patiently at a table in the corner of the Half and Human. Muzdin was late and Myst was already halfway into his third drink. His coin was going to dry up quickly at this rate. It was just like the dwarf to keep him waiting. Myst figured he'd be broke by the time he left the tavern this evening. He'd need at least a few more drinks to get through the inevitable debate that he knew he'd end up in with Muzdin about their respective faiths.

The cleric took another sip of his ale and then heard a woman speaking somewhat loudly behind him. Turning in his chair, he spotted an older woman standing by a table where a member of the local militia was sitting. He didn't recognize either at first and then realized that he knew the old woman as the foster mother of a young woman named Anna.

“My Anna was taken two nights ago! I told you! Have you even looked for her?”

The militiaman looked annoyed to be bothered. Likely he was off duty. “Crazy old woman. Everyone knows she was just looking to get away from you. She always talked about going to see the Empire," the man replied.

Anna's foster mother shook her head negatively. She appeared on the verge of losing control. Her hands made fists at her sides and she was shaking with anger.

Myst stood up and approached the two, clearing his throat to make his presence known. "Excuse me. If I may intrude, why is it that you think Anna was taken and by whom do you believe she was taken?" he asked the old woman.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases