Legacy of the Silver Dragon (S&W, 4th ed)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"You dare insult a priest of Takam? Poor confused lad. If you so much wish to put your prejudices at test, you'll find that the first life they'll claim is your own. Listen to your friend and sit down. He is in the path of caution, and exhibits wits. You have much to learn from him." Lectures the cleric to the timberman.

Myst listened to the old woman's words and then nodded slowly. "Perhaps I will check in on Erenie and see if she can shed some light on this situation. If I do, I will be sure to keep you informed of anything that I discover."

A loud voice from the other side of the room caught his attention and a slow smile spread across his face.

With a slight bow to the old woman, the cleric turned and moved over towards where Muzdin was apparently lecturing a local about something. He wasn't sure but he thought he had heard Takam mentioned. Myst shook his head and laughed softly.

When he got close enough he called out, "Muzdin my friend! You're late! First round is on you!"

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Do they sell for a lot?"
Antares splutters, going so far as to click the unworn wooden ring down on the table, "Sell them?!" He blinks, "Well, if we copied them, I suppose we could- I mean: no! This is not knowledge we want distributed too widely, Bo!" He regroups and goes on, if a bit more glumly: "I still believe this should be stopped, as quickly as pos-si... And what did *you* find that is so great, oh grinning fiend?"

<Response Bosco?>

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Antares splutters, going so far as to click the unworn wooden ring down on the table, "Sell them?!" He blinks, "Well, if we copied them, I suppose we could- I mean: no! This is not knowledge we want distributed too widely, Bo!" He regroups and goes on, if a bit more glumly: "I still believe this should be stopped, as quickly as pos-si... And what did *you* find that is so great, oh grinning fiend?"

<Response Bosco?>
"Master Harvil," Bosco points at him with the stem of his pipe, "is looking to hire some stalwarts to explore some recently opened tunnels in the mines. And not with books, but with actual coins that can be exchanged for goods and services. And Sal, outside of town, is looking to hire people to collect rare herbs. And he is also not paying with books, but rather with a treasure map, that will lead to yet more coins that can be exchanged for goods and services, or even used to purchase books as well."

gambler1650

Explorer
Inside the Half and Human: Mysthyr, Muzdin
Greger pauses for a long moment, glaring at Muzdin before he finally looks away with a too loud laugh, speaking to the other man at his table, "You're right. It's not worth it. No dwarf is." And then he sits down with his back to the dwarf, picking up his ale and taking a long swig from it.

Conversation near the confrontation starts to pick up again, though patrons and workers glance at the dwarf from time to time.

"You dare insult a priest of Takam? Poor confused lad. If you so much wish to put your prejudices at test, you'll find that the first life they'll claim is your own. Listen to your friend and sit down. He is in the path of caution, and exhibits wits. You have much to learn from him." Lectures the cleric to the timberman.

Toric_Arthendain said:
Myst listened to the old woman's words and then nodded slowly. "Perhaps I will check in on Erenie and see if she can shed some light on this situation. If I do, I will be sure to keep you informed of anything that I discover."

A loud voice from the other side of the room caught his attention and a slow smile spread across his face.

With a slight bow to the old woman, the cleric turned and moved over towards where Muzdin was apparently lecturing a local about something. He wasn't sure but he thought he had heard Takam mentioned. Myst shook his head and laughed softly.

When he got close enough he called out, "Muzdin my friend! You're late! First round is on you!"

Voda Vosa

First Post
With a hump! the dwarf turns away from the two low class workers, to face Myst. "My friend, a star shines upon our meeting, Aye indeed I'll pay for the ale, come, tell me what has kept you so busy lately." he says with a wide smile, as he pats Myst mightily on the back.

Binder Fred

[...] "he is also not paying with books, but rather with a treasure map, that will lead to yet more coins that can be exchanged for goods and services, or even used to purchase books as well."
Antares looks away from the point where Master Harvil disappeared into the inn proper. "So money *is* all you have to offer?" His smile deepens, "In which case perhaps I should point out that those ridding Ascadar of demons might, quite possibly, incur the gratitude of the militia, the mayor, and the populace in general?" Raised eyebrows, head lightly tilted to the side: the elf obviously believes he has found a master argument.

Binder Fred

Antares considers the halfling, a touch of sadness in his green eyes, "Then you will be rich, my friend, but never great, or powerful..." He blinks, realization setting in: "And how, pray, can a treasure map be classified as 'definite'...? Or, for that matter, returning alive and hale from monster-infested caves to collect said moneys? Indeed, Potential seems to rest its iridescent cloak before *all* our tales, oh spurious trickster." A smile, sudden as sunlight through the clouds: "Isn't it great?"

OOC: So that would be a 'no' on the "Fetch Myst and Muzdin" question, Whizbang?

Remove ads