• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legend of the Seeker # 3:Bounty/Nov 2008

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
legend-of-the-seeker4.jpg

Bounty

Writers:James StoterauxChad Fiveash

Director:Jesse Warn

Stars:Bruce Spence (Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander)
Craig Horner (Richard Cypher)
Bridget Regan (Kahlan Amnell)

Recurring Role:Craig Parker (Darken Rahl)
Jay Laga'aia (Chase)
David de Lautour (Michael Cypher)

Guest Star:Ted Raimi (Sebastian)
An evil cartographer sells magical maps that allow bounty hunters and henchmen to track Richard's every move.

Last edited:

Orius

Legend
-Rewinding the tape-

1.Ruins of Kelabra?

2.Twin Barriers Peaks *YES!*

3.Falls of the White Plume *Yes!*

Well, it looks like 2 of 3.

Said in the first 6 minutes fo the show, at a Map maker's shop.

:lol:

Generic fantasy realm location names. Waterfall =/= volcano. :p

That episode description is wrong. Not a bad episode either. A bit pedestrian, but Zedd in the mapmaker's shop and the two bounty hunters quarreling over the map were entertaining.

And I see Sam Raimi once again found a way to get his brother into one of his shows. Why am I not surprised? He wasn't bad as the mapmaker though.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Three shows in and we get Ted. :D

Rating: 7/10

Pluses:
  • Ted Rami - he is a great character actor
  • Names of location: Maybe they can be in any fantasy setting but to me they screamed module names. Plus, I don't think they are places in the Sword of Truth books.
  • Character Interaction: the two boundy hunters were rather entertaining.
  • Monster
  • Cleavage shots: Nuff said.

Show is still trying to find its footing.

Wycen

Explorer
I was channel surfing late Sunday(?) night and saw something called the Legend of the Seeker and vaguely recalled a thread on ENWorld about it, but never read the thread.

Immediately I noticed the sword and socery angle, plus the cleavage, so I settled on watching it. Then I saw Joxer the Mighty from Hercules/Xena and figured it was going to be entertaining.

It would be great if we see Bruce in a guest spot, just as long as it doesn't cost him anything on Burn Notice.

Grymar

Explorer
I'm way behind watching these, I'm using Hulu since I have no idea when I'm going to have time to catch one. I think I'm on Episode 5 now, but I just watched this one earlier this week.

Overall impression of the series...a bit uneven and inconsistent, but entertaining. I always enjoyed Hercules and this seems to be trying to be a bit more serious. I think the weakest actor in the bunch is playing the Seeker himself, though.

Remove ads