• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legend of the Seeker #4: Brennidon/Nov2008

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
medium_the-seeker.jpg

Brennidon

Writers:Kay ReindlErin Maher

Director:Jonathan Brough

Stars:Bruce Spence (Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander)
Bridget Regan (Kahlan Amnell)
Craig Parker (Darken Rahl)
Recurring Role:Craig Horner (Richard Cypher)
Jay Laga'aia (Chase)
David de Lautour (Michael Cypher)

Richard is unnerved to learn that the D'Harans have captured his birth village.

Darth Shoju

First Post
This was the first episode I've seen of the show. I thought it was pretty decent. I've never read the books, but I've heard they aren't the best fantasy fiction has to offer, so I was a little hesitant about this show. I don't know how closely they are sticking to the books, but this episode wasn't bad (though, it didn't blow me away either).

I'm setting my DVR to record it every week. We'll see how it goes.

Merkuri

Explorer
It's been a long time since I read the books, but it seems to me that they're following the over-arching plot, but having the main characters travel a lot more and do a lot more "mundane" stuff, or stuff not directly related to the overall plot than there were in the books.

I can't recall anything like the last two episodes happening in the books, but both of them mentioned ideas that were in the books (additive magic and the role of a Confessor in Midlands society). I feel like the recipe for each episode of this show will be to make up some adventure or conundrum for the characters to deal with and finish in the span of that episode, then toss in some element from the book plot like a pinch of salt to finish it off.

Probably they'll have major episodes every once and a while that'll really push the book plot forward, like the first episode did, where some of it felt like it came directly from the book (though there were pieces I didn't remember, or remembered differently, but I couldn't tell what was me misremembering and what was actually different - it makes me want to look for my copy of Wizards' First Rule so I can re-read it and more accurately compare it to the show).

I went to the book store yesterday and sighed when I saw a copy of Wizards' First Rule on display with the actors from the TV show on the cover. I hate when they do that to books. I picked it up just because and was startled to remember how thick it was. I think they had enough to make a full season, maybe two, of episodes if they had stuck exactly with the book plot! :p

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
So far, the only reason I am watching the show, Bridget Regan. It is just lacking something, going to say character / actor are not just comig together, they lack chemistry but maybe that will change.

Orius

Legend
So far, the only reason I am watching the show, Bridget Regan.

She's reason enough. Especially in that white outfit. ;)

It is just lacking something, going to say character / actor are not just comig together, they lack chemistry but maybe that will change.

So far the only character who's kind of interesting is Zedd. He's kind of crazy, over the top, and he seems to have a taste for the scenery. ;) Richard hasn't been all that interesting as the Chosen Hero of Destiny as he spouts a bunch of cliched one-liners, and there's really hasn't been enough focus on Kahlan for any serious development. Then again too, it's only been four episodes (if you count the first as too), and characters take a while to flesh out.

Staffan

Legend
Right. I don't expect LotS to be Babylon 5 quality or anything, but I think it's a little early to be counting it out after four episodes. It has some cool action scenes, and some great cleavage. That's good enough for me.

Dire Bare

Legend
This was the first episode I've seen of the show. I thought it was pretty decent. I've never read the books, but I've heard they aren't the best fantasy fiction has to offer, so I was a little hesitant about this show. I don't know how closely they are sticking to the books, but this episode wasn't bad (though, it didn't blow me away either).

I'm setting my DVR to record it every week. We'll see how it goes.

Read the first book, "Wizard's First Rule"! It is tres awesome, IMO! (and stands alone, no cliffhanger ending) I wouldn't recommend the rest of the series at all, but then I only managed to get thru the next two or three of them.

I got the impression that the author didn't originally intend the first book to be anymore than it was. But then it exploded in popularity, and he decided to turn a stand-alone novel into a long-running series of novels.

Remove ads