Lego D&D

Reynard

Legend
I know that Lego is technically a competitor of Hasbro, but I still can't believe there is no partnership between Lego and D&D. I can't imagine a cooler, more mutually beneficial license. Between actual Lego sets, minis and video games, everyone would make a stupid amount of money.

pukunui

Legend
You mean like this?

This one:

lego-dungens-dragons.jpg

See also: https://www.enworld.org/threads/lego-dungeons-dragons-contest-winner-announced.694190/

Last edited:

I think this is one of those things that doesn't really need a license. Lego has had hundreds, if not thousands, of sets that are themed with medieval castles, magical wizards, dragons of multiple sizes, and oh so many types of knights and other traditional fantasy things.

One of the joys of TTRPGs as a hobby is that you get to build your own reality. Lego also does that (with bricks instead of paper).

Reynard

Legend
I think this is one of those things that doesn't really need a license. Lego has had hundreds, if not thousands, of sets that are themed with medieval castles, magical wizards, dragons of multiple sizes, and oh so many types of knights and other traditional fantasy things.

One of the joys of TTRPGs as a hobby is that you get to build your own reality. Lego also does that (with bricks instead of paper).
I think a Lego set for The Yawning Portal or Strahd's Castle would sell about a million units, and a Lego D&D video game would win Game of the Year.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I think a Lego set for The Yawning Portal or Strahd's Castle would sell about a million units, and a Lego D&D video game would win Game of the Year.
Didnt Hasbro pulse the yawning portal and it was like 500 bucks?

I’d open my wallet. There’s a gubon the whfrp facebook group who runs his games with legos. I think he’s printing custom parts and pulling from the medieval and pirate sets. I see his posts and am unnaturally jealous.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I know that Lego is technically a competitor of Hasbro, but I still can't believe there is no partnership between Lego and D&D.
There is, as people have already posted above.

I guess if the above set does well there may be more. And if it doesn't, there won't.

The movie didn't do well, but Baldur's Gate 3 did. Whether Lego did well with it or not remains to be seen.

Remove ads