• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's Homebrew 4E, IC02 [closed]

Ozymandias79

First Post
Ghraere also moves forward and joins the othe by the drake corpse

OCC: remember guys that Ghraere grants all non-elven allies +1 on perception checks within 5 squares

Leif

Adventurer
Keep on the Shadowfell Dungeon

Ghraere is pretty sure that he sees a slip of paper tucked into the belt of one of the fallen goblins, but he's too far away to be sure...

OOC: Please continue with the perception checks for everyone who hasn't already posted one.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Hmm, well, ok. The silence in this thread is deafening. So I'll just assume that everything works out right and you notice what you're supposed to notice.

IC: The scrap of paper proves to be a crude note written to someone called "Sar," [you figure that this is a misspelling of "sir"], and it says "We dun dug the he** outta this place but ain't found no gold ner nuthin. All the dirt we dug is piled in the corner of the room, and it makes the room a good bit smaller. I don't really think there's anything here."

Searching the goblins and the drakes and the room reveals: 3 short swords, 3 crossbows, 45 bolts, 3 suits of leather armor, 22 gp, and a dirt-covered holy symbol of Bahamut that radiates magic. [OOC: I know you've been eschewing the idea of pawning goblin weapons and gear and stuff, but it's getting to the point where doing that could exceed the value of the actual treasure you find.]

OOC: So. Now we can get on with the rest of the dungeon, riiight??
OOC: Ok, you got me: there's really not a note in the module. But I thought you guys could use a wee bit of help figuring out what's going on here. The module designers seem to expect the players to be either fairly clairvoyant or else just not care at all what's going on here.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Basher7

OOC: Sorry, must be getting senile, would have sworn I posted a perception check here.

"Could the holy symbol have been the real quest here? Perhaps we can find this 'Sar' fellow and ask? Shall we continue?"

Leif

Adventurer

OOC: Basher7 really doesn't think that the holy symbol was the object of the search here because it had been put aside and left alone, much the way you would treat a poisonous snake, while you are quite certain (and heard with your own ears, or what passes for ears on a Warforged) that the excavation was in progress even as you entered this room.

Leif

Adventurer

OOC: And just where will you go next? There are several areas open to further exploration. For example, you have the passageway at AQ32, the passageway at S41, and the doors at S20

Attachments

• Keep on the Shadowfell Dungeon map 26d.xls
    19.5 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Elerosse Eledrin Wizard

"Let's stack the salvage materials at the entrance and check out this passageway just outside the room. What happened to our 'friend' we rescued from his cell?" asks Elerosse.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads