Leif's Homebrew 4E, IC02 [closed]

Leif

Adventurer
In the Temple of Bahamut

OOC: Presuming that Elerosse also follows, as opposed to hanging out by hmself!

IC: The Father leads you down a passage where you had been before and then manipulates an unlighted sconce on a wall, and a secret panel opens. He quickly motions you in and then follows, closing the panel behind him. The narrow passage leads in short order to a spiral staircase leading downwards. At the bottom of the stairs, you are now in a normal sized hallway again. It is unclear whether you are beneath the ground or just on the first above ground floor of the temple, because you did climb a significant flight of stairs to enter the place originally.

At any rate, the Father leads you into a nicely appointed sitting room where another priest is seated at a table reading a scroll of holy scripture. "Father Anselm. Wherever did you find these guests?" he says.

Father Anselm answers, "I was praying beside my bed Father Gregor, and suddenly I found myself transported from my cloister to the room where they were doing battle with the foul invaders to our temple."

"Praise be to Bahamut! Our prayers have been answered and our Deliverers have arrived!" exclaims Father Gregor.

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Elerosse

The mage follows along, chuckling at the secret door they missed in their haste.

"How long has this temple been under siege by those above? Did I understand you to say 250 years? Has your order been down here for all that time?" he asks.

OOC: edited per DM instruction

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC, Lou:]See post #320 for an answer to Elerosse's question. You may want to change your question somewhat... :)[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
In the Ex-Temple of Bahamut, Father Anselm and Father Gregor

Father Anselm answers, "Well, that's the curious thing about it! I would swear that we have only been under seige here in the temple for some months! We certainly bear no signs of aging that one would expect after 250 years."

Father Gregor says, "250 years? What in the sacred name of The Ninety-and-Five Metallic Dragon Warriors are you talking about?"

"Shh, never mind that now, Brother, I'll fill-in the brethren at Vespers this evening," and looking back at Elerosse, he continues, "I can only surmise that the temple here has been in motion through the planes during this time. That is the only way of which I know that would account for differing rates of passage of time. The only other way that comes immediately to mind is too wretched and too horrible to even consider seriously!" Father Anselm begins to tremble violently, and feverishly he makes the Sign of the Platinum Dragon, forming his hands into a semblance of the form of Bahamut's crest on his forehead, and then shaping his hands into the likeness of an egg which he places within his heart.

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Elerosse

"Whatever the situation, there is evil that needs to be destroyed. Let's work together." Elerosse says. He turns to his friends and looks for suggestions.

Leif

Adventurer
In the Ex-Temple of Bahamut, Father Anselm and Father Gregor

"Aye, that there is! We have been earnestly praying for the arrival of some heroes such as yourselves to come to our aid against the evil. If you will undertake to do this, it will be a great service to Bahamut's Church and to Bahamut himself. I am not certain what reward we an offer to you, but we will give you such aid and healing as we are able to provide, and any other clerical magic desired by you that we are capable of performing, of that you can be sure," says Father Anselm. Father Anselm indicates that there is a meeting of the priests soon, the Vespers that he mentioned to Father Gregor, and he would like to present you to the Abbot at this meeting.

Last edited:

Remove ads