Leif's Homebrew 4E, IC02 [closed]

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Scotley]
Basher7 now has 45/46 hp, after the healing from the "vision." Tough break! No Temp HP for Basher7! :p
[/sblock]

[sblock=Leif]That's okay, he's pretty good at making his own temp hp. I'm quite happy to have the real one's.[/sblock]

Feeling an impressive surge of new vigor Basher7 turns his attention to the remaining nearby skeleton and swings again. His hammer smashes into the foe with a satisfying crunch of broken bone.

[sblock=Crushing Surge Fighter Attack 1]
The feel of your weapon crunching against the enemy puts your heart back in the fight.
At-Will ✦ Invigorating*, Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage.
Increase damage to 2[W] + Strength modifier at 21st level.

* Invigorating: If you are trained in the Endurance skill, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier when you hit with a power that has this keyword. No invigorating power grants temporary hit points more than once per turn, even if you hit more than once with the power or use more than one power with the invigorating keyword in a round.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stat Block]
Basher7 Warforged Fighter 3-Battlerager build
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 12
AC:22, Fort:18, Ref:16, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:45/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11 with 9/12 remaining (currently with 3 temp hp)
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Fighter Abilities: Battlerager Vigor, Combat Challenge, Combat Superiority
Powers:
At-Will: Brash Strike, Crushing Surge, Basic Attack, Ranged Attack
Encounter: Passing Attack, Warforged Resolve
Daily: Knee Breaker, Sweeping Blow
Utility: Boundless Endurance
+1 Craghammer +2 prof. d10 Hammer Brutal 2 Versatile
Str. 18, Dex. 12, Con. 16, Int. 10, Wis. 13, Cha. 11 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
In the Temple of Bahamut, OOC

The last remaining skeleton strikes out at Tarrk feebly and misses horribly. The kneeling priest continues his supplication, and you catch the odd word every now and then, like, "Father Bahamut", or "Deliver us, your servants, from the evil that is now plaguing us and desecrating your temple", or "Grant our contninual prayer that we may find the missing Holy Writs and use your knowledge to restore Brother Argobush's health" and other assorted such requests of which you can make even less sense.

[sblock=OOC--Tarrk]You may either attack the decepit skeleton again at your leisure, or you may just assume that you successfully smash it in whatever dramatic and gory fashion seems best to you.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Tarrk

Tarrk kills the last skeleton with a gore from his horns. The skull still sits on his right horn and the jaw is still clapping as the rest of it's body falls inert to the ground.

[sblock=OOC]

Basic attack roll is 1d20+9;2d6.minroll(2)+10

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Tarrk Bloodhoof
Perception: 14 Insight: 12 Normal Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 18 Reflex 15 Will 13
Hit Points: 41/41 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: 2
Initiative: +3
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 1
Healing Surge: 10 Surges per day: 6/11
At-Will Powers: Battle Wrath, Berserker's Charge, Passing Forward
Encounter Powers: Goring Charge, Power Strike 1/2
Daily Powers: -

Condition:

XP: 3,705

Treasure: 2 bracelets (450 gp each), 375 gp
[/sblock][/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
In the Temple of Bahamut

The last skeleton having been dispatched, combat is now over. The heroes check how badly they are injured, and the kneeling priest continues his prayer, now in soft tones that you cannot distinguish. Finally, he begins to wrap it up, "Amen," and rising to one knee, he puts his hands in the air as if feeling for an object that he thinks is there but really isn't, and then his face takes on an expression of wonder and he sits in te floor in amazement. "Oh, my! What has become of my bed? I'm quite sure it was here when I began my prayer." Evidently, the priest was unable to hear the sounds of your struggle against the skeletons, and thinks he is still in his cloister?

Scotley

Hero
Basher7 is bemused by the appearance of the confused priest and says nothing. He keeps a wary eye on the undead lest they rise yet again.

[sblock=Mini Stat Block]
Basher7 Warforged Fighter 3-Battlerager build
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 12
AC:22, Fort:18, Ref:16, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:45/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11 with 9/12 remaining (currently with 3 temp hp)
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Fighter Abilities: Battlerager Vigor, Combat Challenge, Combat Superiority
Powers:
At-Will: Brash Strike, Crushing Surge, Basic Attack, Ranged Attack
Encounter: Passing Attack, Warforged Resolve
Daily: Knee Breaker, Sweeping Blow
Utility: Boundless Endurance
+1 Craghammer +2 prof. d10 Hammer Brutal 2 Versatile
Str. 18, Dex. 12, Con. 16, Int. 10, Wis. 13, Cha. 11 [/sblock]

Lou

Explorer
Elerosse

Elerosse calls to the priest, "Priest, perhaps your god has sent you to reclaim the temple personally. Join us in emptying this temple of undead."

Leif

Adventurer
In the Temple of Bahamut

"Oh, my, I can hear you speak. I thought I was seeing a vision. About your theory, though, I don't believe that to be correct. You see, there are several of the Faithful remaining in the temple in a secure location, where we have fortified ourselves against the incursions of the darkness. We are holding our own, I suppose, but over recent months we have contracted the area that we hold due mainly to some of the Brothers falling ill. But enough about me! I am happy to see your hardy band here, although I admit that at first the minotaur and the golem there did give me pause. Only..... how did I get here? I was in my cloister to go to bed. I knelt to say my prayers as usual, and when I finished, I was here." The expression on the priest's face is one of utter wonder and awe.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
"I am a living construct not a Golem," notes Basher7 with just a hint of ire in his voice. He controls it and continues more reasonably, "I cannot speak to how you got here. From our perspective you simply appeared in the middle of our battle. We do appreciate your timely healing. In looking at this old temple of Bahamut from the outside we thought it long abandoned. What date did you fortify yourselves in?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Tarrk

Tarrk ignores the babbling priest and his ignorance, keeping eyes ears and scent on the surroundings.

[sblock=OOC]
short rest?

Basic attack roll is 1d20+9;2d6.minroll(2)+10

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Tarrk Bloodhoof
Perception: 14 Insight: 12 Normal Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 18 Reflex 15 Will 13
Hit Points: 41/41 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: 2
Initiative: +3
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 1
Healing Surge: 10 Surges per day: 6/11
At-Will Powers: Battle Wrath, Berserker's Charge, Passing Forward
Encounter Powers: Goring Charge, Power Strike 1/2
Daily Powers: -

Condition:

XP: 3,705

Treasure: 2 bracelets (450 gp each), 375 gp
[/sblock][/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
In the Temple of Bahamut

"I am a living construct not a Golem," notes Basher7 with just a hint of ire in his voice. He controls it and continues more reasonably, "I cannot speak to how you got here. From our perspective you simply appeared in the middle of our battle. We do appreciate your timely healing. In looking at this old temple of Bahamut from the outside we thought it long abandoned. What date did you fortify yourselves in?"
"Living Construct, eh? Forgive my error, please, sir, I have not been outside for some years now. We have been holding our own against the encroaching evil now, for probably 4 years, I guess. Say, what year is it now, anyway?" After one or more of you tell him the current year, he continues, "Good heavens! Has it really becme so late? If this is so then we have been battling the evil here for nigh onto 250 years! I must take you to the Prelate at once!" And with that, the priest opens a secret door with an odd-shaped key of a peculiar gleaming metal, and motions you through.

OOC: Tarrk's vigilance does not go unnoticed by me, but nothing unexpected occurs at this time. ;)

Remove ads