• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Leif's Questing Knights - L10 Pfdr Rpg [OOC 01] [Full]

Kaodi

Hero
The wood elementalist/druid, the ranger, and the alchemist can all use wands of up to cure serious wounds just as well as my inquisitor can. If we have two wands of cure moderate I think there is a bit of a question as to whether the second would really be most effective in the hands of the alchemist or rather the wood elementalist/druid (the ranger should likely be in the thick of combat at all times). Alternatively, all four casters could be armed with wands of cure light wounds to be used as the need arises.

Red Knight

First Post
I'm aware that both ranger and druid receive the spells in question but they have to be at a level the spell can be prepared do they not? I know they don't have to prepare the spell to use the wand of said spell.

Leif

Adventurer
I'm aware that both ranger and druid receive the spells in question but they have to be at a level the spell can be prepared do they not? I know they don't have to prepare the spell to use the wand of said spell.
Almost correct. They have to be a certain level to prepare the spell themselves, but they must only have the spell on their class spell list to use a wand. Druids must only be L7 to prepare CMW, but a Ranger must be L13, and then only if he/she gets bonus spells of 4th Level. Otherwise, it's L14. But a L1 Ranger or L1 Druid could use a wand of CMW, because the spell appears on the spell list for both classes.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
No. According to the PRD they do not even have to be able to cast spells at all as long as their class grants them eventually, such as in the case of low level rangers and paladins.

Red Knight

First Post
Well that is good news. I guess I merely interrupted wrong. On the subject of gear mine is nearing its completion and I should be able to finish it out tomorrow sometime after work. My next task would be to start and finish my animal companion, which I'll be going with a wolf.

With that I'll be going to sleep...so goodnight all! Maybe I'll dream of a name for my elf!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Only in the [code] [/code] blocks.

ah, that. understood.

So the only one among us that can cast anything higher than cure light wounds is Kaodi's character. I think we should go with a moderate or higher wand to pitch in on. Between the six of us we can go 750 gp (moderate), 1875 gp (serious), or 3500 gp (critical). I vote moderate.

At this level, it might be prudent to buy a cure serious at 312.5 divided 6 ways.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads