• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's The Hall of the Rainbow Mage, IC (A) [D&D 3.5]

Jemal

Adventurer
Striding amongst them, his swagger confident, was the Ex-Thayan - Whin Zacharius Roe - Whin, he insisted his travelling companions call him. An imposingly muscular man with long dreadlocks and a hard set face, he wore little - certainly nothing that could be deemed armour. Across his back was slung a greatsword.

Whin shook his head "If any of the townspeople had information, the daughter should have come across it by now. We were told we could find her at one of the Inns, I say we do just that. I doubt we would be here if it were so simple as asking the neighbours where he is. Besides She will no doubt be able to point us in the direction of his home as well."

-Whin Z. Roe-

Rathan

First Post
Cresting over a small rounded hill off the the side of the road lurches a large and rigid looking figure. Its stride was slow but what it lacked in speed if sure looked like it made up for in sure size and brute force. It's eyes shined with a luminescent aqua glow as it's face seemed as stoic as the stone it was carved from. Atop one of it's massive shoulders rode a small gray-skinned elven figure, his garb ornately decorated yet neutral in color set him apart greatly from the figure he lounged upon. The figure quickly slithered down the rock-beasts arm with careful and skilled motion as his feet seemed to dance upon the ground once completely dismounted. The gray elfs raven hair fluttered softly in the mid-days breeze as he looked to the rest assembled with a slight nods to those present.

"I assume I've found the right gathering?" the gray elf uttered softly in a low yet awkwardly refined tone. " I am Lazarius and this here is my... creation.... Gomlar... he's of no threat to you all I assure you.. just... stay out of his way if I give him an order is my only advise.." the elf again spoke with a half curl of his lip this time...

Soon thereafter a rather large onyx raven swooped low and landed on the shoulder of the gray elf and cawed loudly then spoke in the common tongue.... "and I'm Orin... yes Orin..." the bird announced as Laz smirked softly...

Leif

Adventurer
Ahh at last!

[OOC: The gang's all here!] You are traveling generally to the South to reach Hampton Hill. For the very last bit of the approach, though, you are heading more to the southwest. The road leads right to the town square, and on the square you see The White Boar Inn. You also see a very large building some distance off the further to the southwest that can only be The Red House Inn. When you reach the town square, you are almost right in front of the Village Hall, and two guards are lounging out front, taking a break.

Theroc

First Post
Nilah moved in a quick yet seemingly unconcerned pace behind Gomlar's massive body, pulling his cowl about his face more closely, obscuring the only hints as to his racial state as he walked. Whin, having traveled with Nilah for a time, would know that Nilah was hoping to avoid any hostilities with the guards, due to suspicions caused by his race.

Drow weren't popular, one had to face it. Especially on the surface.

[OOC: Leif, how bright is it outside atm? Would Nilah be 'dazzled'?]

Leif

Adventurer
The weather has been touch-and-go all day today and most of yesterday as well. It has hardly actually rained much, but it has been and still is quite overcast, much to Nilah's relief. ;)

Rhun

First Post
Vaidun spends several minutes looking at Whin, wondering if there is some illusion going on. If one discounted the difference in physique, Whin could be his brother. He wondered briefly if the man had some Tashaltan heritage, but then shook his head, deciding that the tasks at hand were of more importance at the moment.

"Ah, that appears to be The White Boar. Let us investigate, to slake both our curiousity and out thirst." The wizard offers his companions a wink and moves to enter the inn.

[sblock=For Jemal]
I like your pic of Tyr Anasazi...seriously, my pic looks like just a drawn picture of him. LOL.
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Sam dismounts in front of the White Boar Inn, noting any reaction of the guards to the strange group.

"It might seem intimidating to the locals if such a numerous - and well armed - group as we were to all go inside. Perhaps just the merchant Vaidun and myself? We will ask for Miss Relight, or if she is not there, directions to the mage's house. We will then check out the other inn if need be."

He will head on in if the others seem to agree.

Leif

Adventurer
Outside the White Boar

Sam is, perhaps, not too disappointed -- One of the guards looks at the other, turns his face to the side, and gestures slightly and briefly with his head toward the group, as if to possibly indicate, Get a load of this bunch, wouldya? But, aside from Sam's possibly overactive imagination, the guards give no tangible sign that they have taken notice of the group. (OOC: Good Beefeaters, aren't they? :) ) Their gaze does linger on Nilah for a moment, but that is all.

Rathan

First Post
As Laz moves to enter the building he barks an order to his golem.... "Gomlar... stay... guard the entrance... attack only if you are attacked first...." the gray elf uttered loudly with refined voice before entering the building feeling a more relaxed sense of safety now than he had before... something smelled like a trap... he just had to coax the ruse before someone sprung it....

Leif

Adventurer
As Laz shows the signs of his persistent paranoia, the guards exchange a quick glance, and one of them rolls his eyes.

Remove ads