• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's The Hall of the Rainbow Mage, IC (A) [D&D 3.5]

Rhun

First Post
Vaidun pays no attention to the reactions of the guards. Instead, he pushes his way through the door of the White Bull to see what lies beyond.

Rhun

First Post
Vaidun smiles at the fiery haired gnome as the enter the inn, sensing his companion's discomfort. "Don't worry my friend. If anyone gives us trouble, I'll turn them into a mouse."

kinem

Adventurer
"Thanks for the offer, my friend, but maybe some other time? I don't expect to be attacked. I'd just rather keep things low key."

Rhun

First Post
Vaidun chuckles, his dark eyes twinkling with a hint of mirth. "Low key is for sneaks and thieves. We grand adventurers like to be noticed."

Leif

Adventurer
And Noticed You Have Been....

As the intrepid band of hardy souls enters the establishment, a sumptuously-dressed young lady rises from her meal, her face beaming at you.

"Welcome weary travelers! I am Learah Relight, and from the look of you, you must be the help that I was told would arrive." She scans your faces, her eyes coming to rest upon the not-so-tall human with the long black hair and the aquamarine eyes. "And you must be the one called 'Blade.' Dear Penora told me all about you," she says, blushing coyly.

Theroc

First Post
Nilah was pleased to see the guards did little more than allow their gaze to linger momentarily before the entered the White Boar, Nilah's cowl slipping back enough to allow his violet eyes to show from beneath it, glinting in the lighting of the establishment, however much it may or may not hinder his vision.

As they entered, Jiv'undus decided a bit of caution wasn't entirely uncalled for, and allowed his eyes to glow momentarily(and faintly) as magic enhanced his vision, allowing him to see any magics in the room, to forwarn the others of any unwanted mageborn surprises.

[OOC: Detect Magic as Nilah looks about the room]

Leif

Adventurer
Nilah notices that one woman in the place is radiating a dweomer of illusion, but he suspects that this is nothing to worry about, as she is of fairly advanced age and physically almost powerless. (No doubt it's a cosmetic effect of some sort.) There are no dweomers in the room to cause Nilah any alarm. [OOC: Learah Relight may have enchantment of some sort showing, but I can't remember any right now and it's not like I have the module with me to check. :-S]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"Ah, my lady," says Vaidun, sweeping into the taproom. He takes Learah's hand in his and brings it to his mouth, kissing her hand softly. "I am Vaidun Kale, of Waterdeep. It is a pleasure to meet you." He gestures to her table. "Might we sit, and talk for a while over some refreshment?"

Leif

Adventurer
Learah Relight

Learah blushes a deep crimson, at Vaidun's impunity, but quickly recovers, "*ahem* Sir, please, this is neither the time nor the place for such familiarity. I am very distraught over my uncle's disappearance, I mean absence, and I think that I shall not be able to rest well until I know what has become of him. Besides, I'm not at all certain that my husband would look favorably on you being so forward with my person!"

Remove ads