• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's The Hall of the Rainbow Mage, IC (A) [D&D 3.5]

Leif

Adventurer
No one objecting fast enough to suit the impatient Nilah, he rips of an Eldritch Blast that shatters a single, delicately beautiful vase. The loss of this one portion of the pattern of reflection is enough to disrupt the hypnotic effect. Vaidun and any others who were hypnotized return to their senses immediately.

OOC: Now I think you had some other activities planned? :devil:

Rhun

First Post
Vaidun blinks several times, and then turns to stare at Nilah. "What the hell did you do? The lights were so beautiful. You didn't have to destroy them."

kinem

Adventurer
Ah, what an opportunity for a prank! Sam begins to rummage through his pack. Perhaps I'll enlarge Vaidun's moustashe with an inkpen?

Crash!

Oh well.

"Quit dillydallying! We have work to do. Where's that secret door?"

Sam begins to search the desk. ooc: search +16, take 20

Leif

Adventurer
Sam finds three scrolls and a pouch in the desk, and a secret door in the northeast corner behind a bookcase.

The scrolls are divine in nature, and they are: Negative Energy Protection CL5, and two scrolls of Restoration CL7.

The pouch contains 100gp.

[sblock=You're Welcome]I am skipping over the other trap that's supposed to be in this room because I don't like it, and its effects are not terribly well-written. So phooey on the designers![/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Blade looks at Vaidun and whispers, "For a mage of some renown you fell under that hypnotic sway fairly easily, be careful in the upcoming challenges friend and keep your wits about you, this will surely not be the last trap we face"

Rhun

First Post
"Pshaw," says Vaidun, waving his hand at Blade. "I was merely studying them, in depth. Nothing more." The wizard coughs into his hand. "So, are we quite ready to move on then?"

Theroc

First Post
"There were some scrolls over," Nilah gestured in the direction he found them, "There. I assume we're still utilizing such things as needed, requesting our client deduct the costs from our final payment? I believe they are arcane in nature... however my search was cursory."

Nilah looked to Vaidun. "I've never seen a renowned mage fall for such a simplistic trick. I suppose not everyone endures the hardships that lie in the Underdark..." He paused a moment before continuing, "I am ready to move on... the passage I located was behind this bookshelf." Nilah indicated the bookshelf and looked to the others.

Rhun

First Post
Theroc said:
"I've never seen a renowned mage fall for such a simplistic trick. I suppose not everyone endures the hardships that lie in the Underdark..."

Vaidun frowns at Nilah. "You'd be surprise how many drow have fallen to even simpler tricks."

Remove ads