Leif's The Hall of the Rainbow Mage, IC (A) [D&D 3.5]

Leif

Adventurer
Secret Door

Sam finds no traps, and easily opens the secret door. On the other side is a set of stairs leading downward. The stairs face east at the top, and bend around to the south as they go down.

Blade watches the rear dutifully, and is surprised when ---[sblock=renau1g]nothing at all happens. :p [/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
"Up then. Draw your blades and be ready, as I have a bad feeling about that tower."

Sam closes the secret door (if he can) and leads the way to the red door guarding the second floor of the tower.

He will search it carefully for traps. If he finds none, he'll attempt to open it, taking out out his tools and picking the lock if needed.

ooc: search +16, open locks +14. Take 20.

Leif

Adventurer
Sam can indeed close the door again.

When the party reach the red door to the second level of Londar's tower, Sam readies his tools and begins his inspection of the door. OOC: Sadly, I'm not allowing you to take 20 on the search, so I need a roll, please.

Rhun

First Post
Vaidun stifles a yawn as he waits for Blade to complete his search, and wistfully thinks about having another glass of wine at the tavern. Or...better yet, to be back in Waterdeep, with a bottle of Berduskan Dark, some candlelight, and a pretty lass to share it with...

kinem

Adventurer
As Sam searches the red door, he feels nervous, and this search is not his best work.

ooc: search = 1d20+16 = 17

BTW, if the keyhole looks like the front door key would fit it, Sam will try that before picking the lock (if DM Leif allows the change in actions).

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: I'll allow the change of actions, but it doesn't matter much, because the front door key does not look like it will fit. I'll get a more complete post up about the door this evening, as I need the module to ensure that I don't say something erroneous.

Remove ads