Let's invent some +1 Feats

G

Guest 6801328

In [MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION]'s thread about ASI's, one of the solutions discussed is to only allow Feats, which is something I've always wanted to try.

But it occurs to me that in the absence of ASIs we might want more feats, especially those that give +1 to a single attribute.

Let's invent some.

Rules: one feat per post.

My first one:

Acrobat
+1 Dexterity
You can use Dexterity in place of Strength for jumping.
You can use Acrobatics in place of Athletics for climbing.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
New Opportunity
+1 Int or +1 Cha
- You gain the feature from a new Background from the Backgrounds list
- You gain proficiency in a Skill and a Language of your choice

Adamant

Explorer
Focused
+1 Strength or Dexterity
You can use a bonus action to cause your next attack with a melee or ranged weapon cause an extra 1d4 damage.

Inspired by my Triton Fighter dilemma, where I want to use an oversized trident(Polearm that does piercing damage, pike stats) but can't take advantage of polearm master(Samurai would fix my problems, but it's AL, so I can't use it and triton). Ranged is included because it makes perfect sense to focus and line up a shot for ranged as well. Intentionally doesn't work with extra attacks, as that would be too much damage per round.

Focused(Alternate idea)
+1 Strength or Dexterity
You can use a bonus action to add 2 damage to each attack you make this turn.

This version scales, but adds 1 less damage on average. I think the optimal power level would be between the 2, but have no idea how to make it happen.

Last edited:

Tales and Chronicles

Font of Hope
+1 Cha or +1 Wis
- You can keep Inspiration points equals to your Cha or Wis mod, whichever is higher. You can only spend Inspiration once per turn.
- When you have Inspiration and an ally within 30' fails an attack roll, saving throw, or ability check, as a reaction you can spend Inspiration to allow them to re-roll

Last edited:

G

Guest 6801328

Font of Hope
+1 Cha or +1 Wis
- You can keep Inspiration points equals to your Cha or Wis mod, whichever is higher. You can only spend Inspiration once per turn.
- You can spend Inspiration as a Reaction when an ally within 30' fall to 0 or less hp to allow him to automatically fall at 0 hp stabilized.

How about just "When you have Inspiration and an ally within 30' fails an attack roll, saving throw, or ability check, as a reaction you can spend Inspiration to allow them to re-roll."

Hardy

+1 Constitution
Advantage on saving throws to resist disease or exhaustion
Advantage in drinking and eating contests
Reroll 1s and 2s when assigning additional hit points each level

Tales and Chronicles

How about just "When you have Inspiration and an ally within 30' fails an attack roll, saving throw, or ability check, as a reaction you can spend Inspiration to allow them to re-roll."

Yep, I dont think that having a broader effect would break the feat. I'll edit my post.

Tales and Chronicles

Stand the Fallen
+1 Con or +1 Cha
- When next to an Unconscious ally, you can use your Reaction to redirect any Attack roll against the fallen ally towards you.
- If you are conscious, allies next to you have Advantage on Death Saving Throws.

Tales and Chronicles

A new Dawn, a new Day
+ 1 Con or +1 Wis
- After a long rest, you gain Inspiration if you do not already have it
- You recover two level of Exhaustion instead of one after a long rest

Remove ads