Let's invent some +1 Feats

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Parkour!
+1 STR or +1 DEX
Gain proficiency in either Athletics or Acrobatics
Gain advantage on all Athletics and Acrobatics rolls used specifically for movement (jumping, tumbling, etc.).
Do not reduce your move for alternate modes of locomotion (climbing, crawling, etc.)

Was considering +5' speed but think that might be too much.

G

Guest 6801328

Virtue of Charity
You gain a +1 bonus on saving throws and Insight checks to see through masquerades and illusions as well as resisting mind-affecting spells related to grandeur, power and wealth including the temptation thereof. This would include spells such as Fool’s Gold, Nystul’s Magic Aura and any forms of illusion or suggestion which would generally run contrary to this Virtue.

Overall I find the "Virtuous" feat to be too complex/different, compared to precedent. But I like the idea of a feat that makes you less susceptible to Illusion. Or how about this:

Discerning (formerly Skeptical)
+1 Int or Wis
You have Advantage on saving throws vs. Illusions
You have Advantage on Insight checks that are contested by Deception.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Sorry, I'll put the next Feats all in one post as they are all based on the same idea: trying to emulate 4e ''multiclass'' feats. I also want to add feats that allow the players to expand Inspiration to gain special feature other than just granting Advantage.

Wrathbearer
Prereq. 13 Str, any class other than barbarian
+1 Con or Str
Once per rest you can spend Inspiration to enter a fury-like trance for 1 minute. When the character enter this state, he gains 2x Con mod THP and gain +2 to damage roll with melee weapons for the duration of the effect.

Arcane Dilettante
Prereq 13+ Cha, any class other than bard.
+1 Cha or Int
- You count as a wizard for the purpose of item atunement and the use of spell scrolls.
- Once per long rest you can spend Inspiration to use your Action to cast a spell known by you or an ally within 15'. The spell cant be higher than level 2. Charisma is the spellcasting stat for this spell.

Divine Envoy
Prereq. Wis 13+, any class other than Cleric
- +1 Wis or Int
- Once per long rest you can spend Inspiration to enter a state of divine investiture. For 1 minute, you can replace any Charisma roll you make by a 10 after the original roll. For the duration you can speak and understand any languages.

Old Faith Initiate
Prereq. Wis 13+, any class other than Druid
- +1 Wis or Con
- You can understand the language of animals
- Once per long rest, you can spend Inspiration to take the shape of a small CR 0 animal for up to 1 hour.

Warrior Surge
Prereq. 13+ Str, any class other than Fighter
- +1 Str or Dex
- Gain proficiency in a martial weapon of your choice.
- Once per rest, when you spend Inspiration, you can also spend an Hit Dice to recover the same amount of HP or to make a saving throw against an ongoing effect.

Ascetic Training
Prereq. 13+ Wis, any class other than Monk
-+1 Con or Dex
- Damage with simple weapons 1d6 damage instead of their regular damage if lower.
- You have resistance to non-magic piercing damage as long a you wear no armor. On a turn you spend Inspiration, you can use the Dodge action as a Bonus Action.

Faith Militant
Prereq. Cha 13+, any class other than Paladin
- +1 Str or Cha
- Gain proficiency in a martial weapon of you choice
- When you use Inspiration on an attack roll against an Undead or Fiend creature, if the attack hits, you can add your Cha mod to damage. Choose Radiant or Necrotic for the damage of this attack.

Strider
Prereq. 13+ Con, any class other than Ranger
- +1 Con or Dex
- You have Advantage to resist any effect to would restrain, hold or slow you.
- You can spend Inspiration to ignore the effect of the two first level of Exhaustion for 1 hour.

Scoundrel
Prereq. Dex 13+, any class other than Rogue
- +1 Dex or Int
- You proficiency in Sleight of Hands
- At the start of an encounter, you can spend Inspiration to be automatically Hidden from all creatures in the encounter.

Mystic Birthright
Prereq. Cha 13+, any class other than Sorcerer
- +1 Cha or Con
- You gain the Thaumaturgy cantrip.
- Once per long rest, you can spend Inspiration to reveal your mighty lineage to your adversaries as a Bonus Action. Any non-allied creature with more than 5 Int within 30' must make a Wis saving throw against a DC of 8+prof+Cha or be frightened or charmed for 1 minute. The creatures can attempt the saving throw at the start of their turn.

Occultist
Prereq. Int 13+, any class other than Warlock
- +1 Int or Cha
- You gain proficiency in Arcana
- Once per long rest, you can invoke your power of foresight by spending Inspiration. When this happens, the DM should give you a relevant piece of information regarding important events likely to occur during your current adventure. You may gain clear images of where you should go, places to be wary of, a wanderer you can trust and so forth.

Loremaster
Prereq. 13+ Int, any class other than Wizard
- +1 Int or Wis
- Gain the Prestidigitation and Mage hand cantrips.
- Once per long rest you can spend Inspiration to gain proficiency in a Skill, Tool or Language you're not already proficient with for 10 minute. For the duration of this effect, you use Int instead of the regular ability for the use of the skill.

Last edited:

Grognerd

Explorer
Faith Militant
Prereq. Cha 13+, any class other than Paladin
- +1 Str or Cha
- Gain proficiency in a martial weapon of you choice
- When you use Inspiration on an attack roll against an Undead or Fiend creature, if the attack hits, you can add your Cha mod to damage.

This one caught my eye. As an alternative, I thought of this... "When you use Inspiration on an attack roll against an Undead or Fiend creature, the damage of that attack becomes Radiant."

Strider
Prereq. 13+ Con, any class other than Ranger
- +1 Con or Dex
- You have Advantage to resist any effect to would restrain, hold or slow you.
- You can spend Inspiration to ignore the effect of the two first level of Exhaustion for 1 hour.

I have a homebrew feat called 'Unfettered' that looks almost exactly like this, except without the class restriction or the ASI. I also didn't think of the Exhaustion reduction. Nice touch!

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Power Attacker
+1 Str or Dex
When you make an attack with a melee weapon, you may choose to take a -3 penalty to hit. If you do so, and the attack hits, the attack does 5 extra damage.

Tales and Chronicles

This one caught my eye. As an alternative, I thought of this... "When you use Inspiration on an attack roll against an Undead or Fiend creature, the damage of that attack becomes Radiant."

I have a homebrew feat called 'Unfettered' that looks almost exactly like this, except without the class restriction or the ASI. I also didn't think of the Exhaustion reduction. Nice touch!

You are right, the extra damage, at least, should be Radiant or Necrotic. Thanks.

Tales and Chronicles

Power Attacker
+1 Str or Dex
When you make an attack with a melee weapon, you may choose to take a -3 penalty to hit. If you do so, and the attack hits, the attack does 5 extra damage.

I would go with something a little different than GWM. What about ''You can take a penalty to attack up to your Prof bonus to add the same number as extra damage on a hit''? Or ''When you make an attack against a target and would have advantage on the roll, you can trade the advantage to deal extra 5 damage on a hit instead''.

Blue

Arcane Sensitive
+1 INT or CHR
You gain one attunement slot.
You may cast Detect Magic as a ritual. Once done you may not do so again until you have taken a short or long rest.

Blue

Favored of the Gods
+1 CON or WIS
Add your proficiency to healing done by any divine spell or channel divinity.
When you fail a WIS save or a save originating from a celestial or fiend, you may reroll it with +4. The may be only be done once per long rest.

(Idea of the second part is to break out of controls and such through the power of your belief, then I extended it to also anything done against you by "the baddies". Whom might be celestials if you are evil.)

Blue

Orienteer
+1 WIS
* Gain proficiency with Cartographer's tools. If you are already proficient with them, double your bonus with them.
* You have a superior memory of location, and can produce maps of places you have been within the past month with high accuracy unless there is some outside factor clouding it.
* You have advantage on Wis (Perception) and Int (Investigation) rolls specifically about about terrain features and architecture. You also have advantage navigating with a map.
* You may support yourself at a Comfortable lifestyle by creating and selling maps.

Remove ads