• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OSR Let's make Shadowdark classes!

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Okay so I found online a Druid thats all about Shapechange. Like by way of The Hobbits, Beorn (or Doric to be more modern). I loved that., But I also wanted a more traditional Druid.

So.

Druid

Weapons: Club, Staff, Short/Long Bows, Spear, Javelin
Armor: Leather, Shield
HP D6
Languages: Primodial, Sylvan, or Elvish

Charm Animals: You know Charm Person but it only works on Animals with a level equal to or below your level.

Spell Casting (as a Priest)

Lvl 1: Feather Fall, Detect Magic, Sleep, Cure Wounds
Lvl 2: Invis, Levitate, Misty Step, Web
Lvl 3: Mass Cure, Restoration, Dispel Magic, Prot from Energy
Lvl 4: Control Water, Regen, Stoneskin, Cloudkill,
Lvl 5: Hold Monster, Heal, Antimagic Shell, Prismatic Orb

Talents: As Priest

Thoughts?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Prismatic Orb doesn't feel very druidic to me. I would probably create/convert a bunch of druid spells from other sources other than relying on what's in the Shadowdark book and Cursed Scrolls.

Autumnal

Bruce Baugh, Writer of Fortune
I like the chassis of that Druid a lot. I’d like to see some spells and talents for things like accelerated healing in natural places, charming plants, transforming organic stuff into weapons and armor and such, etc.

Okay so I found online a Druid thats all about Shapechange. Like by way of The Hobbits, Beorn (or Doric to be more modern). I loved that., But I also wanted a more traditional Druid.

So.

Druid

HP D6

Charm Animals: You know Charm Person but it only works on Animals with a level equal to or below your level.

Thoughts?
2th Level choice look very Wizard, so I would include Bless and augury and remove Invis. Levitate.
4 spells per level seem few, maybe 4 priest spells and two wizard spells.

kapars

Adventurer

So.

Druid

HP D6

Thoughts?
In the Ranger build video it was mentioned it was a pretty big deal for them to get Longbows due to niche protection for Fighters. I think Druids being full casters shouldn’t get Longbows if you’re following class design guidelines.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads