Let's Take Another Look At That One Ring 2E Cover

Last week the cover of the upcoming The One Ring 2E was revealed by Cubicle 7. But that's only half the picture. Cubicle 7 has released the full art piece by Johan Grenier!

Last week the cover of the upcoming The One Ring 2E was revealed by Cubicle 7. But that's only half the picture. Cubicle 7 has released the full art piece by Johan Grenier!

TOR_Marketing_Full-Cover-1200x750.jpg

While Gandalf was clearly one of the characters depicted, many people wondered who the others were. According to Cubicle 7 "The cover scene is titled “The Coming of Boldog” and depicts Gandalf along with our iconic party — a Hobbit of the Shire, a Beorning, a Dwarf of the Lonely Mountain, an Elf of Mirkwood, a Rider of Rohan, and a Man of Minas Tirith — fleeing from a horde of orcs and a terrifying cave troll. “The Coming of Boldog” will be a free adventure that will be released alongside the core rules so that you and your Company can begin your adventures straight away."

You don't like female dwarves?

What a shame.

Discount Frodo judges you.

LOL, while I find it strange they would put this on a front cover as well, I understand why they it. They want to be more inclusive towards female players. Which makes sense.

Its not like they are going full Woke on us just by adding female character artworks.

That being said, they could have easily just put a female elf or female human ... so why? Just to create controversy?

Weird decision ... but who cares I still like the cover :)

Hurin70

Adventurer
Just to be clear: having a female dwarf is fine with me. Having a female Beorning adventurer is fine with me. Tolkien himself had a female shield-maiden killing the Witch King.

I just don't like to combine new characters with existing ones (like Gandalf) in a pseudo-exit from Moria scene, because that mixes things that happened in the books with things that didn't. I wouldn't want to see a pseudo Battle of Pelennor Fields scene with Théoden leading a force of Hobbits mounted on ponies either.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads