D&D General Let's Talk About Eberron

Vael

Legend
What non-Eberron resources make for good Eberron material? Ravnica? Tome of Beasts? Other official or 3rd party stuff?

Perhaps not the best fit tonally, though I could see a lighthearted pulpy take on Eberron, is Acquisitions Incorporated. There's a bunch of material about running a business in the book that can be brought in. Being a franchisee, iow, licensed by one of the Houses could be a good starting point for a campaign. Some of that is covered by group patron section, but there's still some stuff to be gleaned from AI.

Have you looked at the Oracle of War campaign for Adventurer's League? Teos Abadia on alphastream dot org has a blog post singing its praises.

Reynard

Legend
I went ahead and bought Morgrave's Miscellany and while I am ambivalent about the new crunch, one element I really liked a lot was the discussions about how classes fit into Eberron. I especially liked the non-standard options, like a magebred barbarian etc.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
What's your "Eberron Appendix N"? I know the original setting book had a short list of inspiration by Baker, but there's a lot more out there. What books, movies, tv shows, video games and even music feel especially Eberron to you?
The following anime/manga series:

Fullmetal Alchemist (any version)
Pumpkin Scissors (less known, but VERY flavorful)

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I have two articles on my blog about how I changed parts of Dragons of Icespire Peak to work in Eberron........here is a link to the most recent...which contains a link to the first. I'll be writing up my changes to the Redbrand hideout soon....but they include the nothic giving each PC an aberrant dragonmark (part of the long term plot line is them being on the run from houses, I think).

Zaukrie

New Publisher
There is also an article on making my world seem more like Eberron, which some find controversial because I include plenty of clockwork items.....I consider those mostly older versions of more modern items you can find in Eberron, family heirlooms and things owned by less affluent people (or that live near gnomes)

Remove ads