Blog (A5E) Level Up’s Archlich: The Mouthless One

With millions of people watching Stranger Things this month, you might be curious what the Level Up version of an archlich might look like. Well, we’re working on one for an as-yet-unannounced project, and we thought we’d give you a preview. If you want a truly challenging end boss, give it a try. Just don’t blame me if your characters learn secrets they weren’t meant to know...

With millions of people watching Stranger Things this month, you might be curious what the Level Up version of an archlich might look like. Well, we’re working on one for an as-yet-unannounced project, and we thought we’d give you a preview. If you want a truly challenging end boss, give it a try. Just don’t blame me if your characters learn secrets they weren’t meant to know.

Enchanted Book - Gui Sommer.png

Paul Hughes

Paul Hughes

Ondath

Hero
Every Wizard spell as a ritual?! Holy hell that's cool.

My party is fighting a Lich-god, who sent an avatar of him with a portion of his powers the last time they met and the avatar got clowned. I had used the original A5E Lich stat block for that one, and now that the Lich-god knows the danger the party poses, he just might use this form to give them a run for their money...

His name is Vecnot, and he’s a totally original creation. Any resemblance to trademarked characters from other properties is purely coincidence!

I like his stat block a lot better than the other guy’s stats, though

That doesn’t make sense. I read the Vecna stats put forward by WotC and this is way more powerful.

I mean I’ll be the one to say it: an Archlich that can cast 9th level spells? This is too much. How could an archlich cast spells all the way up to-

/sarcasm

(This one looks great btw)

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
That doesn’t make sense. I read the Vecna stats put forward by WotC and this is way more powerful.

I mean I’ll be the one to say it: an Archlich that can cast 9th level spells? This is too much. How could an archlich cast spells all the way up to-

/sarcasm

(This one looks great btw)

How about 10th level spells? If you didn't want to create new spells you could just allow upcasting with the appropriate increments in damage and the like.

(I like it too!)

Remove ads

Remove ads