Level Up (A5E) Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition Is Coming!

Level Up is the working title for a standalone 'advanced 5E' backwards compatible tabletop RPG coming to Kickstarter in 2021 from EN Publishing.

bb2.jpg

A crunchier, more flexible version of the 5E ruleset which you know and love. If you love 5E but would like a little more depth to the ruleset, Level Up is the game for you!

Level Up is the working codename for a standalone hardcover roleplaying game brought to you by the team which brought you EN5ider Magazine and Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters!

Sign up for news about Level Up! This mailing list is for news, surveys, feedback, and playtests. Or simply register your interest in the Kickstarter.

This is an ‘advanced’ version of the 5E ruleset, presented as a hardcover standalone game. It adds more customization and depth to the game. Basically, it’s a ‘crunchier’ version of 5th Edition. It's still the game you know and love. We love it too! All your 5E books will be compatible with this new game.

We already have a list of what we want to include in Level Up, although this list is not yet final We’ll be using surveys to adjust that list. We hope to include a fully developed exploration pillar, flexible character choices at each level, a new approach to heritage, martial maneuvers, a ‘cinematic/gritty’ toggle, spell-less ranger and warlord, and followers and strongholds, and more. Keep an eye out for the surveys!

We are also recruiting a diverse team of expert 5th Edition writers. We’ll have more news on that soon.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
When I saw this blurb I was uncertain about this project, but seeing that ENWorld is doing it, I'm in. Will there be opportunities to playtest it?
Playtests, surveys, the whole works.

The first survey will help define what goes in and what gets tossed out. I have a fairly solid idea in my head of what I want, but now I need to find out what everybody else wants.

Playtests, surveys, the whole works.

The first survey will help define what goes in and what gets tossed out. I have a fairly solid idea in my head of what I want, but now I need to find out what everybody else wants.
Maybe we should start a thread about what people would want in an 'advanced' 5e and a separate one to figure out what to name it. Oh... wait.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases