Level Up (A5E) Level Up Is Coming! Spread The Word!

Level up your 5E game! The standalone advanced 5E tabletop RPG adds depth and diversity to the game you love!

4E5051B5-727B-46B6-B137-7A60BF847208.jpeg

dave2008

Legend
I guess if that's the definition of compatibility you're using, every O5E book since the PHB isn't compatible with 5E because it requires a separate book to tell you what the new content is.

I guess we just define "compatible" differently. I use it to mean "works seamlessly with O5E material", not "a book which contains content you don't need to look at" (because what would be the point of that book?)
I do think LevelUp is compatible. But I don't think it is, or should be, 100% seamlessly compatible. When I buy LevelUp and I give it to players you do not have O5e, they simply will not know what Exhaustion is. So, if we come across Exhaustion in an A5e product, then I have to explain what that is to them. Is this an incredibly minor thing, yes, absolutely, but its something. her. If I don't have to explain anything - that would be 100% compatibility. But that should not be your goal IMO.

dave2008

Legend
This is exactly where I am. The pandemic moved all my gaming online. Even when/if it becomes safe to play in person again - the world has changed. My players have moved away, had kids, etc. I don't see being able to play in person again on a regular basis.
I think one of the stretch goals is going to be Roll20 support, so they might have you covered.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I do think LevelUp is compatible. But I don't think it is, or should be, 100% seamlessly compatible. When I buy LevelUp and I give it to players you do not have O5e, they simply will not know what Exhaustion is. So, if we come across Exhaustion in an A5e product, then I have to explain what that is to them. Is this an incredibly minor thing, yes, absolutely, but its something. her. If I don't have to explain anything - that would be 100% compatibility. But that should not be your goal IMO.
Allow me to clarify then. It’s fully compatible with O5E material. But if you want to use O5E material you need to have that material.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is exactly where I am. The pandemic moved all my gaming online. Even when/if it becomes safe to play in person again - the world has changed. My players have moved away, had kids, etc. I don't see being able to play in person again on a regular basis.
You can use it with O5E Roll20 stuff. We have a new Roll20 character sheet you can use, if you want, but you can play LU with any O5E adventures and books on Roll20.

TheSword

Legend
You can use it with O5E Roll20 stuff. We have a new Roll20 character sheet you can use, if you want, but you can play LU with any O5E adventures and books on Roll20.
That’s interesting. I didn’t think Roll20 could mix systems. That if you were using a 5e compendium for modules then that was the only compendium you had access too. If it is possible to use both then that would be amazing!

Faolyn

(she/her)
Including player-facing material like Xanathar's and Tasha's? The way it looks to me is that if you want to use an adventure or monster, you might need to add a maneuver DC and then you're done, but making a LU cleric with the Forge domain from Xanathar's would be another matter.
I made a bunch of playtest characters using a wide variety of archetypes (since we haven't seen any LU archetypes yet) and didn't really have any problems doing so.

The only problem that I can see might be with creating an artificer, since there's no LU artificer and so it won't benefit from any of the newer options. Like, should they get maneuvers? Or are they too caster-y?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That’s interesting. I didn’t think Roll20 could mix systems. That if you were using a 5e compendium for modules then that was the only compendium you had access too. If it is possible to use both then that would be amazing!
You just use the A5E character sheet with an O5E adventure.

dave2008

Legend
OK, I just dropped my fist LevelUp tease on the UA Reddit, now I need to get back to shouting about LevelUp at the street corner.

Just dropped my second tease on UA Reddit. :p

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases