Blog (A5E) Level Up Lands on Fantasy Grounds

In addition to Roll20 and Foundry, you can now find Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition support on the Fantasy Grounds virtual tabletop platform.

Both the Adventurer’s Guide and the Monstrous Menagerie are available to buy (both on FantasyGrounds.com and on Steam). Here are the important links!
The Fantasy Grounds implementation is licensed by and produced in-house at Smiteworks.

ScreenTwo.jpg
ScreenSix.jpg
ScreenTwoa.jpg
ScreenSixa.jpg

Last edited:

Russ Morrissey

Russ Morrissey

Ondath

Adventurer
Fantastic news! Question: Would buying the Fantasy Grounds modules bring any money down EN Publishing's way? As someone who really liked what he saw in the playtest but who lives in a country with wacky currency exchange rates and insanely low purchasing power (the current price of the Adventurer's Guide of 20 quid is almost 10% of my monthly wages, and though I like the product, I can't financially ruin myself over it), I'm considering buying the FG modules on Steam as Steam's adapted currency rates brings the price down to a much more reasonable level (buying the Adventurer's Guide module on Steam would cost 1.25% of my wages in contrast) if it means I can show my support to the product that way.

i was about to pull the trigger but wanted to ask first. It’s 5e compatible on the FG website, so does that mean when if I buy it, when I create a 5e campaign, these will show up in the library to open or load for the players to use or monsters to choose from?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
i was about to pull the trigger but wanted to ask first. It’s 5e compatible on the FG website, so does that mean when if I buy it, when I create a 5e campaign, these will show up in the library to open or load for the players to use or monsters to choose from?
Honestly, the technical side of things is waaaaay beyond me -- for that sort of thing you'd have to ask Smiteworks, probably over on their forum. I'm just the messenger in this particular case. :)

Rhuarc

Explorer
After you bought it, you'll see the 'Level Up' product as an extension that you can load alongside the campaign (works for existing campaigns as well). Once in the actual campaign, you'll have to activate/load the necessary module in your library and voilà, everything in the book is available to you. The players will have to load it on their side as well.

kevbeck45

Explorer
I own both the pdfs for the three main books and the AG and MM on Fantasy Grounds. Know that only some of the stuff auto populates. A lot of the things that you choose from within a Heritage or Background you have to go in and add manually but its not hard. You just have to pay attention to what your abilities are and what they give you. It autofills what you need to do all that in the abilities tab.

Agamon

Adventurer
Robyn Nix is working on extensions for the Forge that will add more automation to class, heritage, background, etc. There's already one for spells (Level Up spells coding). If you've used FG for a bit, it's not too tough to do this work yourself, but I like to get these extensions so I can focus more on the actual game and not FG mechanisms.

kevbeck45

Explorer
I agree with Agamon, you can do it yourself if you have enough experience with Fantasy Grounds but I bought a bunch of Rob2E's modules for 5E and it makes using that module, the WOTC D&D products, so much easier for creating a fast paced game. Robyn works with Rob on modules so I am sure the one on Forge, which I plan to get, will be great.

Visit Our Sponsor

Latest threads

Dungeon Delver's Guide

An Advertisement

Advertisement4