Playtest (A5E) Level Up Playtest Document #11: Wizard

Welcome to the 11th Level Up playtest document. This playtest contains a candidate for the first 10 levels of the game’s wizard class.

Welcome to the 11th Level Up playtest document. This playtest contains a candidate for the first 10 levels of the game’s wizard class.

th-18483468401-765x1078.png

What this is
This is a playtest document. We’d love you to try out the rules presented here, and then answer the follow-up survey in a few days.

What this is not
This is NOT the final game. It’s OK if you don’t like elements of these rules; that’s the purpose of a playtest document. Be sure to participate in the follow-up survey in a few days. All data, positive or negative is useful.

What we use this for
Your survey responses help form the direction of the game as it goes through the development process.

Don’t forget!
Sign up for the mailing list for notifications of playtests, surveys, and news, and also ensure you get notified on Kickstarter when the project launches in 2021.

TheSword

Legend
Yes, that doesn't bother me. But if does you I suggest you comment in the survey. Maybe they make it just once per long rest until higher levels?

Yep, I just noted that as well (just replied to your comment again)! Again, it doesn't bother me, but I encourage you to reply to the survey or your objections will not be heard. They do not read the comments section for feedback, they stated they are relying on the survey responses.
Sure.

I guess it comes down to the design goals. If the intention is that a person could use a basic 5e character in a Level Up game and be in line with other Level up characters then I think the power difference is too great.

If the aim is to create whole new game loosely based on the basic rules with no crossover then I guess it’s not a problem.

Sure.

I guess it comes down to the design goals. If the intention is that a person could use a basic 5e character in a Level Up game and be in line with other Level up characters then I think the power difference is too great.

If the aim is to create whole new game loosely based on the basic rules with no crossover then I guess it’s not a problem.
I agree the power bump makes this wizard clearly overshadow the O5e one. They really can’t be played side by side

Yes, I can houserule it myself, or take existing options. Or say that sorcerers are wizards and start houseruling from there. Publications like these might be interesting for me because they might do just that. In this case, this is not going far enough for what I'm looking for. Might be what others are looking for though, I'm not saying it's a bad thing.
What is wrong with simply calling a sorcerer or warlock a wizard. That requires no effort. There is also the spell point variant already in the DMG, no house rules needed. You just want a different class, but with the same name?

Remove ads

Remove ads