Survey (A5E) Level Up Survey #1: Broad Outlines

Obviously it's too early to say, but as it stands now the biggest 'winners' are:

• 100% compatible
  • meaningful character choices at each level
  • separate culture & species
  • exploration pillar
Finished the survey. Good questions.

I think keeping 100% compatible might be difficult depending on the approach you take to some fundamentals such as race, but I'm sure you can get pretty close.

The core of it all for me is "limited choice". I like having 3-5 choices or so. Less and it feels too basoc, too many and it can get overwhelming. Im sure others have a different threshold.

Naturally i support the species and culture separation, exploration pillar and prestige classes :)

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Finished the survey. I can't wait to see this come to fruition. I'll definitely be participating in further surveys and hopefully be able to playtest these rules when we get to that point.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A quick update. People are still taking the survey, but we've had thousands of votes now and the ratios aren't changing at this point. I'd feel comfortable calling it now, but we're giving it a full week. I don't expect any changes in that time though!

There's quite a clear and easy group of categories:
  • Things folks are very, very keen on
  • Things folks are generally positive about
  • Things folks are 'meh about; ambivalent
  • Things folks definitely do not want
  • Things folks are polarized on
That last category (polarized) is interesting. Unlike the 'ambivalent' topics, where people kinda voted in the 5-ish range and generally expressed no strong feelings, these were three topics where a lot of people voted either strongly for or strongly against. These will require further though!

We'll let it run until Sunday, then I'll write up a blog post about the results.

Remove ads