• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LG vs. CE: Lawful Good is Victorious!

ugulu

First Post
Kepé tries to clear the clouds, flying west - if he'd clear the wall of fire he'll go over it, if not he'll deke sw and risk going over the thorns - then try another breath weapon on Dana "I-can-make-more-clouds-than-you" Smartpants. Ending at 90n35e30z.

Edit: thank heavens for cheese

PJSlavner

Explorer
OOC: Immunity to poison makes cloudkill useless? Red-hot shooting embers look cooler? You can make incendiary cloud move faster?

Kepé can fly under the wall or clear it and take 4 points of damage, or go over the wall of thorns and take the same damage. He has 224 HP remaining.

Round 95

Dana does not dodge (21 Ref save) and takes 51 points of electrical damage. Dana has 49 HP remaining.

Dana's green cloud moves to the edge of the arena at 75N. His burning cloud moves to 105N110E unless Dana wants to concentrate and make it move faster.

Kepé[sblock]You can use breath weapon next round.[/sblock]

Infiniti2000

First Post
Dana Dane ignores the bird on his shoulder and concentrates on a chain lightning, targeting the dragon primarily and the ground secondarily. He then moves to 30n65e.

OOC: I targeted the ground just irritate the mods. :p No, seriously, it brings up two interesting points. (1.) At 30z, is the dragon within 30ft of the ground? (2.) This was brought up in the rules forum a little while ago, but if the SR is failed, does the chain lightning continue? For that matter, when the dragon is immune to the lightning, does the chain lightning continue? (3.) You didn't really think there were only 2, did you? Anyway, can multiple sections of the ground be targeted, such as multiple 5ft-squares?

Enquiring minds want to know! :)

PJSlavner

Explorer
OOC: If you did not irritate us, Infiniti, we would start to worry about your health. :)
Answers: 1) The dragon is within 30 feet of the ground.
2) Unless the spell specifically says it stops working altogether when in contact with a creature with SR, the spell continues. The lightning continues.
3) I would treat the floor as one target. You cannot target a large creature more than once, so I would treat the floor the same way.

Kepé is not affected by the lightning (13 CL check), but the floor at 90N40E takes 8 points of damage.

Round 96

KCloud1 moves to 0N95E. KCloud2 moves to 55N50E.

ugulu

First Post
Lets assume the 4 points damage from the wall (Kepé wants some height, not to be near the ground).

He leads with another lightning breath, then curls up and around to end at 15n5e65z heading se.

PJSlavner

Explorer
The 4 points of damage was from the wall of fire in either case, because Kepé got close enough to get burned either way.

Dana does not dodge the lightning (15 Ref save) and takes 49 points of electrical damage. Dana is disabled.

Kepé[sblock]You can use breath weapon next round.[/sblock]Dana's green cloud moves out of the arena and disappears completely. Dana's fiery cloud moves to 115N115E.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Dana casts heal on himself. heh heh, just kidding there, ugulu. Let's instead go for another cloud at 25n30e55z. I can't remember the limits, if any. He prefers a cloudkill but will use an incendiary cloud instead if necessary.

PJSlavner

Explorer
A green cloud appears at 25N30E55Z. Kepé takes a slight whiff (27 Fort save) and takes 1 point of Constitution damage. His Constitution drops to 21 and he has 197 HP remaining. The cloud sinks to the floor, so its position is now 25N30E.

Dana is at -1 HP and dying.

Round 97

KCloud1 stays put at 0N95E. KCloud2 moves to 50N40E.

Kepé has one round to act before Dana is teleported out of the arena and his replacement enters.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads