Lightsaber duel turns deadly

reveal

Adventurer
Darth K'Trava said:
Is there any way to prove this aspect of the requirements for the Award? I don't think they burned their "goodies" off...

According to http://www.darwinawards.com/rules/

The candidate must remove himself from the gene pool.

The prime tenet of the Darwin Awards is that we are celebrating the self-removal of incompetent genetic material from the human race. Therefore, the potential winner must be deceased, or at least be incapable of reproducing. If someone does manage to survive an incredibly stupid feat, then his genes de facto must have something to offer in the way of luck, agility, or stamina. He is therefore not eligible for a Darwin Award (but sometimes the story is too entertaining to pass up, and he earns an Honorable Mention.)

Heated philosophical discussions have sprung up around the reproduction rule. If a person or group gives up sex, are they eligible for a nomination? They're no longer willing to breed. Must the candidate be entirely incapable of reproduction? Frozen but viable sperm and ova are viable decades after the donor's demise, and sheep can be cloned from a single cell. Should the elderly be ruled out because they are too old to breed? Their misadventure has no impact on the gene pool. Should those who already have children be banned from winning?

These are complicated questions, andin many cases, it would take a team of researchers to ferret out the truth, a luxury the Darwin Awards lacks. Therefore, no attempt is made to determine the actual reproductive status or potential of the nominee. If he no longer has the physical wherewithal to breed with a mate on a deserted island, then he is eligible for a Darwin Award.

What can be said that has not yet.

There are stupid people and there are stupid people....

What is next? Fantastic four movie in July- "I set my PJs on fire and scream Flame On?"

the Jester said:
Yeah, I try to keep my dumb stoopid moves to those that don't involve things that might kill me.

As an example, I wouldn't lightsaber duel my friends with running chainsaws either.

What about ones turned off?

Darth K'Trava

First Post
megamania said:
What can be said that has not yet.

There are stupid people and there are stupid people....

"The world is full of stupid people"-- Refreshments "Banditos"

"Stupid people keep a breeding..."--Harvey Danger "Flagpole Sitta"

What is next? Fantastic four movie in July- "I set my PJs on fire and scream Flame On?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Remove ads