Critical Role A key part of Linda Codegas Critical Role Interview

darjr

I crit!
As founding cast members of Critical Role, Matt Mercer and Marisha Ray are some of the most influential Dungeons & Dragons players in the world. Currently they act as the Chief Creative Officer and Creative Director for Critical Role, and have always centered their fans in their creative endeavors. When asked about the movement in the wider D&D fandom to Open D&D (by either removing the Open Gaming License from the auspices of Wizards of the Coast, or irrevocably enshrining the OGL 1.0a), their response was measured, but came down strongly on the side of creators

AA5A85FF-96B2-418E-8F89-5FAF470C7992.jpeg

Last edited:

overgeeked

B/X Known World
So...where's the rest of it? Linda Codega said it was a 35 minute interview. There's three quotes and basically nothing there. No info. Also Linda got the Vox Machina info wrong. It's the first three episodes of season 2. That article is a whole lot of nothing.

darjr

I crit!
So...where's the rest of it? Linda Codega said it was a 35 minute interview. There's three quotes and basically nothing there. No info. Also Linda got the Vox Machina info wrong. It's the first three episodes of season 2. That article is a whole lot of nothing.
See the tweet. I considered not making a new thread but figured it wasn’t going to hurt.

Mea-culpa

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
@darjr can you please use the Critical Role tag for things you post concerning CR instead of D&D General (which it isn't...)?

1674517864655.png

Thanks! :)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
So...where's the rest of it? Linda Codega said it was a 35 minute interview.
A 35-minute interview will also include a lot of "are we recording? yeah, we are," "sorry, I thought I silenced my phone," a bunch of "um" and "you know" language litter, rambling questions that aren't worth including for readers to read, digressions about other topics ("oh, yeah, we really liked the Witcher, too!") and so on.

A few meaty points in a 35 minute interview isn't ideal, but it's hardly surprising.

Dausuul

Legend
So... same as their original statement. Very carefully avoiding anything that could even suggest criticism of WotC, equally carefully avoiding criticism of #OpenDND, while being strongly in favor of things basically nobody is against.

I don't know how outspoken they normally are, but it certainly sounds like some mix of "non-disparagement clause" and "we really really don't want to have to pick a side in public."

(Side note: Wizards should be taking lessons from them on how to do PR.)

Remove ads