• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

List of "gish" classes and PrCs?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Dragonslayer (Draconomicon). One level gives full BAB, +1 spellcasting, and all weapons & armor proficiencies. Very nice dip right before one level of Spellsword.

Cheers, -- N

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
Darkwolf71 said:
Githyanki Fighter/Mage.

:]
I can't wait 'til 4th edition comes out . . . I'm going to start a publishing company and have exactly one product . . . a four page PDF of a new fighter/wizard base class . . . I'm gonna call it Gish.

:D

Darkwolf71

First Post
Brent_Nall said:
I can't wait 'til 4th edition comes out . . . I'm going to start a publishing company and have exactly one product . . . a four page PDF of a new fighter/wizard base class . . . I'm gonna call it Gish.

:D
*waves towards Humble* Hello.

That's freakin awesome. Great way to screw with just about everyone. :D

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
It all started with the cleric. Man, the way they gished the fighting man and magic-user together, it was just so unbalanced... I mean, spells and armor? What were Gygax and Arneson thinking? :p

Mort

Legend
Supporter
from Ebberron:

Knight Phantom (light cavalry fighter/mage, from Five Nations).

Can also be found on the Wizards site here.

more of a niche class than an eldritch knight but better hit dice and the almost at will phantom steed is nice.

Last edited:

Arnwyn

First Post
The only githyanki (yeah, that's right) prestige classes I know of come from Polyhedron #159 (ie. Dungeon #100):

Blackweave Warlock (100/159)
Ghustil (100/159)
Gish Mindslayer (100/159)
Holocaust Warrior (100/159)
Sword Stalker (100/159)

Probably the Gish Mindslayer is the most relevant.

Greg K

Legend
I see Psion beat me to the Myrmidon from Mercenaries (AEG). It is a very generalized FIghter/Wizard hybrid base class with its own spelllist. It receives:

Medum BAB
d8 hit die
Good Will save
Proficiency in all simple and martial weapons and light and medium armor.
Spellcasting: bard progression
Bonus Feats: at first level and every four levels which may be a fighter feat, metamagic or item creation.

The preview is here

GreatLemur

Explorer
I think a pretty solid case could be made for the Swordsage, even though he doesn't technically cast spells.

Also, Jack Daniel's got a point: The Cleric basically qualifies. If you remove the whole "priest" flavor, you've got a guy in heavy armor with a medium BAB and proficiency with all simple weapons (which, honestly, does include some good stuff), and the ability to cast a whole slew of combat-appropriate spells. And, of course, this opens the door for the Druid and a whole slew of other divine classes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads