• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Little Changes with Big Flavor

dcorbin

First Post
Balance, PC Choices

I love these ideas. Every now and then I raise the idea with our DM of some of these ideas (or something similar) as a point of discussion. More things that are rules-system rather than environement. He always comes back with "No one wants to play spellcasters to begin with and you want to make them less powerful?"

So my question is, "How do you deal with this ?" I would love to see some of these implemented, but if you weaken one area of the system, aren't most players likely to not choose that area to play in (thus the neat part is never dealt with)?

David

Maldur

First Post
Educate your DM!

Play a kickass Spellcaster.

My players are happily playing spellcasters, more than half the party has at least several levels of a spellcaster class.

Conaill

First Post
Re: Balance, PC Choices

dcorbin said:
He always comes back with "No one wants to play spellcasters to begin with and you want to make them less powerful?"

Give them lots of "societal" benefits: wizards are feared, revered, in charge, etc. When magic is rare, mages are *really* special.

If none of your PC's want to play a mage, have them be bossed around by one of them. Lead by example!

Maldur

First Post
seems like a good idea:

Chapters on:
Magic
Monsters/pallette
Races
Enviroment ( artic/desert/etc)
Culture

and offcource the ever important MISC :)

Painfully

First Post
With resources posted on a public forum like this one, there is no reason to wait for a book about it, or to buy one unless it offers something more.

As long as the raw ideas are already here, I think people can develop the rest on their own. I would rather see the ideas expanded on by keeping this thread growing, or starting new threads based on this one.

I think a hosted site would be more appropriate than a published .pdf or book about these topics.

Maldur

First Post
Mmadsen have you given making this book/pdf a reality some thought or did you put it on the backburner? (or both)

I wouldn't mind assisting in this endeavor.

mmadsen

First Post
Mmadsen have you given making this book/pdf a reality some thought or did you put it on the backburner? (or both)
I gave it some thought, but life intruded a bit, and I lost momentum. I'm a bit busy at the moment...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads