Live Music: What Are Your 5 Most Unforgettable Concerts?

R_J_K75

Legend
But hey they got 'Kirk and Mark' in the morning.
Here the only ones we have left is Shredd and Ragan because they got moved from 103.3 the Edge to 97 Rock because the latters cast and crew all got fired for "tasteless" joke. Irony being that one of the people mentioned in said "Tasteless" joke went on the record saying she laughed her ass off when she heard the joke.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Man, I am so glad to be free of commercial radio. I think there is some contractual agreement in the industry that says morning shows must be terrible.

Ryujin

Legend
Here the only ones we have left is Shredd and Ragan because they got moved from 103.3 the Edge to 97 Rock because the latters cast and crew all got fired for "tasteless" joke. Irony being that one of the people mentioned in said "Tasteless" joke went on the record saying she laughed her ass off when she heard the joke.
Many years ago there was a morning team in Toronto, on 102.1 "The Edge", named Humble and Fred. They got dumped and moved elsewhere. Got dumped there and started a podcast, that got picked up for weekend midnights by a local news/talk station NewsTalk1010. Got dumped from there and I have no idea what they're doing now.

Full Disclosure: They are one of the primary reasons why I stopped listening to 102.1. That and the fact that they pretty much went Top 40, after having been the home of indie and very obscure/varied music for decades.

Many years ago there was a morning team in Toronto, on 102.1 "The Edge", named Humble and Fred. They got dumped and moved elsewhere. Got dumped there and started a podcast, that got picked up for weekend midnights by a local news/talk station NewsTalk1010. Got dumped from there and I have no idea what they're doing now.

Full Disclosure: They are one of the primary reasons why I stopped listening to 102.1. That and the fact that they pretty much went Top 40, after having been the home of indie and very obscure/varied music for decades.
A lot of the 'morning shows' are syndicated and are broadcast from either New York or LA. Local shows are quickly going the way of the dodo...

Ryujin

Legend
A lot of the 'morning shows' are syndicated and are broadcast from either New York or LA. Local shows are quickly going the way of the dodo...
Here, it's even getting to the talk stations. The pone that I mentioned, NewsTalk 1010, previously marketed by just its call letters CFRB, was a national award winning news source. That's when it was independently owned, along with CFRA in Ottawa and a couple of other stations, by a philanthropic family. It is now owned by Bell Media Canada, who also own a large number of other radios stations, TV stations, and cable outlets. Where the news was once award winning, it's now frequently just an alternate feed for their cable news channel CP24. The mid-day show is syndicated across Canada and is hosted by a political commentator that I rather don't like. Many of the long standing hosts were fired, or moved to crappy shifts. Yup, local radio is pretty much dead here too.

Remove ads