Living Blender Build?

rose4100

First Post
Hey guys, i've been looking at alot of the specialty books (Completely Warrior for example) and i was wondering if anyone knew of a good "Living Blender" character for 8th level. I want to make a dwarf which is optimized for number of attacks possible.

If anyone has played Warhammer Fantasy, think Dwarf Slayer.

Archade

Azer Paladin
Well, I'm not sure it's not very dwarfish, but the Dervish prestige class is designed to be a death-from-a-thousand-cuts kind of class. And I believe it's in Complete Warrior.

Our group has a half-dragon dervish who gets ungodly numbers of attacks for his level.

Pinotage

Explorer
The two standard options are two-weapon fighting chain, or to go for whirlwind attack, although the latter only grants you more attacks in specific circumstances. Dervish is a good choice, or with two-weapon fighting you could go with Tempest or something like that.

Pinotage

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Pinotage said:
The two standard options are two-weapon fighting chain, or to go for whirlwind attack, although the latter only grants you more attacks in specific circumstances. Dervish is a good choice, or with two-weapon fighting you could go with Tempest or something like that.

Pinotage
Dwarven waraxe Tempest build starting in Fighter for maximum TWF feats, and perhaps Weapon Specialization to maximize damage from the waraxes. Dervish isn't that great, except that it's more mobile. A chain can't be used for two-weapon fighting. It's a two-handed weapon, although combined with Whirlwind Attack it can be great against mobs of attackers. Of course, it's only great against mobs of attackers.

Klaus

First Post
Dr. Awkward said:
Dwarven waraxe Tempest build starting in Fighter for maximum TWF feats, and perhaps Weapon Specialization to maximize damage from the waraxes. Dervish isn't that great, except that it's more mobile. A chain can't be used for two-weapon fighting. It's a two-handed weapon, although combined with Whirlwind Attack it can be great against mobs of attackers. Of course, it's only great against mobs of attackers.
A chain can be used for TWF if you have a level of monk and you use your unarmed strike as a secondary weapon.

rose4100

First Post
Thanks guys, i really appriciate it. This is the build i've made.

Dwarf Fighter6/Tempest2
Str 18, Dex 19, Con 20, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 11
HP:97 AC:18

Equipment:
-Dwarven Waraxe +1 of Frost
-Handaxe + 1 of Flaming
-Gloves of Dex +2
-Amulet of Natural Armor +1
-Ring of Protection +1

Feats:
-Dodge
-Two Weapon Fighting
-Improved Two Weapon Fighting
-Mobility
-Spring Attack
-Two Weapon Defense
-Weapon Focus (Dwarf Waraxe)
-Weapon Specialization (Dwarf Waraxe)

Class Features:
-Tempest Defense +1AC
-Ambidexterity

Something i'm proud of, no armor. Just a crazy dwarf with two axes.

zeb.hillard

First Post
I would suggest dropping Two Weapon Defense and picking up Improved Buckler Defense. It puts a -1 to your off-hand attack, but the AC Bonus you get to keep from the Buckler far outstrips the bonus from the Feat.

rose4100

First Post
zeb.hillard said:
I would suggest dropping Two Weapon Defense and picking up Improved Buckler Defense. It puts a -1 to your off-hand attack, but the AC Bonus you get to keep from the Buckler far outstrips the bonus from the Feat.

good idea but my idea was no armour what-so-ever. if you ever played the game Warhammer Fantasy there are characters called Slayers. They are dwarves who have been dishonored and seek the "Ultimate Opponent" to end their lives. Basically fighting the biggest things they can find. They have absolutely nothing but three axes (two waraxes and one greataxe) but man they know how to use them. Which is why i took Two Weapon Defense. When i build characters i build less for practicallity and more for character/style.

zeb.hillard

First Post
And there's no problem at all with that in the slightest.

With the Feat requirements, would it be possible to drop a level of Fighter for a level in Barbarian for the Rage's then? The 'freaking out' would improve the insane damage dealing if you could slip a level in.

Remove ads