• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Living Greyhawk CANCELLED in 2008 - rpga report

SHARK

First Post
mmu1 said:
For what it's worth, at the Gencon RPGA Q&A session (which I followed peripherally as I was looking for the rat that stole my dice bag) people were asking endless variations on "well, why not have both LG and LFR", and after running out of PR platitudes about making things even better and taking things to the next level, the guy who (I think) was the WotC rep finally visibly lost his patience and said, point blank, "Because we want people to play 4th edition, and the 4th edition is Forgotten Realms."

Greetings!

*Nice*, heh?

Thanks mmu1. That's screwed that your dice got stolen! Bastards!
I do hope you had a good time otherwise though, my friend! :D

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

BluSponge

Explorer
mmu1 said:
For what it's worth, at the Gencon RPGA Q&A session (which I followed peripherally as I was looking for the rat that stole my dice bag) people were asking endless variations on "well, why not have both LG and LFR", and after running out of PR platitudes about making things even better and taking things to the next level, the guy who (I think) was the WotC rep finally visibly lost his patience and said, point blank, "Because we want people to play 4th edition, and the 4th edition is Forgotten Realms."

Sounds to me like another reason to pass.

Eberron fans should be worried with statements like that. If anything, 4e should be Eberron!

Tom

Mortellan

Explorer
BluSponge said:
Sounds to me like another reason to pass.

Eberron fans should be worried with statements like that. If anything, 4e should be Eberron!

Tom
I can agree with that. Wasn't that the whole point of Eberron's creation, to move the game forward?

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I just wish they would sell the damn thing or license it to someone. WOTC hasn't done anything with Greyhawk that I've enjoyed other than a couple articles in Dragon. I'd love to see someone else who respects the history of the world do a setting with it. Never happening though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads