Living Star Wars Saga edition?

knightemplar

Explorer
So if I have a scoundrel "Scum and Villany" type extended adventure I would like to run.

Who would I have to get the ok from to run it? Who would like to be a judge?

fireinthedust

Explorer
I would like to be a Judge for this, but I don't want to be the only one.

Write up the adventure and stat out monsters and the treasures the party will be getting.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Judges would have to approve any adventure before a GM recruits for it. Basically what they are looking at would be rewards/treasure and the general overall plot. It's just to make sure that nothing too earth shattering or galaxy ending is involved lol. That and I believe they make sure it's level appropriate (not sure on that one thought).

fireinthedust

Explorer
Speaking of which, we've only got one confirmed judge right now: me!

There are some great and fabulous people who've been posting on this thread, and I'd like it if we had some company for this endeavor. I've had an adventure proposal sent to me, and it's looking fun (with some changes and additions, but this was just a cut-down summary), but it'd be good to have help with this when the crowds show up (hint hint).

We should make up an email for the judges! We can all have the access code ("password") and check it for stuff. If a specific judge is tagged, write their name in the subject, or a specific adventure title, that sort of thing.

Could someone be in charge of the wiki? I'm wiki-stupid, so I can make content but I want help with the formatting. I may not be the only one here who's like that! :p

garyh

First Post
Judges would have to approve any adventure before a GM recruits for it. Basically what they are looking at would be rewards/treasure and the general overall plot. It's just to make sure that nothing too earth shattering or galaxy ending is involved lol. That and I believe they make sure it's level appropriate (not sure on that one thought).

"Blow up Alderaan? No way, one of the PC's is from there!" ;)

We should make up an email for the judges! We can all have the access code ("password") and check it for stuff. If a specific judge is tagged, write their name in the subject, or a specific adventure title, that sort of thing.

We L4W Judges have a gmail account that's set up to forward all the character and adventure submissions to our personal e-mails. Very handy, highly recommended.

fireinthedust

Explorer
I could help with the Wiki.

Enough to, say, be a judge? nudge nudge judge?

If that's the case, then, I and the others can start working on specific articles for locations and characters, and send them to you to post.

We should all judge the articles, btw, not only for quality/content, but also so we're all ont he same page!

as an aside: just saw the Mandalorians episode of Clone Wars. Nice. I hope they go into more detail about Jango Fett, and the clones themselves in relation to those guys.

I'll start up the Gmail account if no one minds? I'm thinking LivingStarWars@ gmail or hotmail.com? Password TBA? (I'll PM all judges with it, once we get more than myself on the "Council of Judges"... hey, if I'm the first judge, should I talk like Yoda? hmmm... interesting but useless question this is, and down a tangeant it shall lead.)

knightemplar

Explorer
Base Frame work for the wiki is up. Menu Linking to each of the other main pages is on the top of each of these main pages. Now I just need to know what to put on them.

Overview/Main Page

Player's Guide

GM's Guide

Setting

PC's

We will also probably want to start a Tavern Thread for characters to interact with other characters while waiting for a DM and an adventure. If we want to use the Hoan system as the jumping point, it should probably exist there. What should we call it?

Also, lets look at the Living Eberron page for some of the really basic rules and stuff like player and DM rewards.

1) This is a rule on the Living Eberron character creation page. Players may not have more than one character to start with. Once they have reached level 2 with the first character, then they may create one more character to play with. There is a maximum limit of two characters, in which a new one can only be brought in the case of death or if the player decides to retire one of the previous characters.

Also, every time a character levels, the character has to be approved again by a judge. I think this one will lead to judge burnout. I like the RPGA's honor system, and would put this in the hands of the GM for the final yes/no your character can play in the game.

2) How do we handle death of a character? There is no raise dead spell in Star Wars. I would be pretty bummed out if I got a character like at 7th level and all of a sudden she dies in a game due to a bad roll. The RPGA has a rule that basically they come back alive again, but are excluded from the rest of the adventure and it is like they never went on the adventure. GM's might want to cast alternates or re-recruit in case of this happening. If the player's second character is of sufficent level to play in the game, can they switch in that character? This might not be bad either, so the GM does not have to look for another character and the game can go on.

3) If we will not be using the destiny system presented in the main book, I would like to point out the background system that was presented in the Rebellion book. Basically depending on the background chosen by the player, the character gets a free language training, skill training, or a minor special ability that seems to be on par with a talent from the class trees.

4) I can be a judge, but let me ask this then. If I am a judge myself, does another judge have to approve my work? I would say yes, to make sure that I am not being too abusive to the system or the players. Sometimes it is best to just have someone else look at the work for their opinion.

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
Base Frame work for the wiki is up.
We will also probably want to start a Tavern Thread for characters to interact with other characters while waiting for a DM and an adventure. If we want to use the Hoan system as the jumping point, it should probably exist there. What should we call it?

Also, lets look at the Living Eberron page for some of the really basic rules and stuff like player and DM rewards.

1) This is a rule on the Living Eberron character creation page. Players may not have more than one character to start with.

Sounds good to me.

Also, every time a character levels, the character has to be approved again by a judge. I think this one will lead to judge burnout. I like the RPGA's honor system, and would put this in the hands of the GM for the final yes/no your character can play in the game.

I like this, in theory. I think GMs should go over the sheet at the end of the adventure, and then Judges can rubber stamp it once the major stuff is done. Judges should be involved where possible.

2) How do we handle death of a character?

good question. I know it'd suck to lose a 7th level character, if you had to start at 1st again. The issue is that dinging that character alive again destroys immersion.

How about this: they make a character of the same level as the one that died, but with only starting 1st level gold. If the adventure calls for a ship, it's a rental they can pay off with adventure gold (that is, if the other PCs have ships for that adventure).

The point is that you want a character of a level that allows them to re-join their higher-level friends (like for Turtledome!, I'd want to have a character I could use with the other players I've been hanging out with, rather than just starting at 1st with new people I might not click with as well).

If a PC dies, we need to respect that. GMs have resources to allow "heroic recovery", like second wind and suchnot. Heck, who says a friendly NPC can't find the dead guy and put them in a bacta tank? However, the movies are chock full of character deaths (Obiwan, QuiGon, that ewok that time, and theoretically Lando in the Falcon would have died if that last shot escaping the explosion hadn't been so awesome; Han in Carbonite could be considered "death" in a sense). That's not a bad thing.

3) If we will not be using the destiny system presented in the main book, I would like to point out the background system that was presented in the Rebellion book. Basically depending on the background chosen by the player, the character gets a free language training, skill training, or a minor special ability that seems to be on par with a talent from the class trees.

I just figured the Destiny system was a powerful tool for killing the BBEG fast. I don't mind backgrounds, but we should hand pick them. They're a way for us to personalize the setting, if we have a list from Haon.

4) I can be a judge, but let me ask this then. If I am a judge myself, does another judge have to approve my work? I would say yes, to make sure that I am not being too abusive to the system or the players. Sometimes it is best to just have someone else look at the work for their opinion.

of course! Judge not lest ye be judged, right? no, different context?

Anyway, yeah. I already have mine going, and I saw your stuff, but for the next adventure I'll totally be putting in a character for approval. Don't know what it'll be yet, though.

and I can send off the adventure notes I have once I type them...

fireinthedust

Explorer
getting started has LEB in one of the lines, not LSW (heh)

I love the wiki! I'll get on some content.

Speaking of which, I need another player for my game Welcome to Haon. I had four, including a Wookie, but they haven't posted so far!

I also want to put down some ideas for what the System is like, planet-wise.

1) En: should be like the forums: lots of different groups, any player race available, big population, lots of ideas. Like a space version of Sigil, it's got a little something of everything (except that one thing PCs need to hire a transport to go find...).

2) Planets. I have a couple I for sure would like to have in there, as they're scenery in my adventure. One is an ice planet.

Remove ads