Lizardfolk = ECL 4?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orco42

First Post
Wow I think I agree with reaper

;)

I have done some play testing with an ogre fighter 1 and a human fighter 6. The human won more times than not. Perhaps I rolled poorly for the ogre each time but ECL 5 seems a little to much (but still within a acceptable range).

At ECL +8 the ogre would not stand a chance.

Axiomatic Unicorn

First Post
Re: Wow I think I agree with reaper

Orco42 said:
;)

I have done some play testing with an ogre fighter 1 and a human fighter 6. The human won more times than not. Perhaps I rolled poorly for the ogre each time but ECL 5 seems a little to much (but still within a acceptable range).

At ECL +8 the ogre would not stand a chance.

You are going back to the beginning of the debate. If you read the whole thread you will see that this is well covered.

An Ogre Fighter 1 is CR3 (for whatever value you place in CR). Therefore it stands to reason that a fighter 6 should kick his butt time and time again in a straight up fight. Re-playtesting this well established fact is a waste of time.

Telling me that an ogre F1 can not beat a fighter 9 in a straight fight does not tell me anything more than telling me that a Rogue 9 can not beat a Fighter 9 in a straight fight.

Last edited:

Orco42

First Post
Wolfspider said:

Could you give us some more details?

It's been a while but I used same stats for each (before racial mods).

And had them attack each other (melee only) with them at 60 feet.

I made sure to use AoO against the human when ever possible.

I ran the fight about 3 or 4 time and the human won every time (but some times it was close).

Orco42

First Post
Re: Re: Wow I think I agree with reaper

Axiomatic Unicorn said:

Telling me that an ogre F1 can not beat a fighter 9 in a straight fight does not tell me anything more than telling me that a Rogue 9 can not beat a Fighter 9 in a straight fight.

But it should be close.

Can an Ogre Wiz 1 beat a Human Wiz 9?

Or an ogre fighter 1 beat a human monk 9?

Axiomatic Unicorn

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Wow I think I agree with reaper

Orco42 said:

But it should be close.

Can an Ogre Wiz 1 beat a Human Wiz 9?

Or an ogre fighter 1 beat a human monk 9?

No a CR3 monster should not be able to be a 9th level character. so what?
My discussion of this already exists in this thread.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wow I think I agree with reaper

Axiomatic Unicorn said:

No a CR3 monster should not be able to be a 9th level character. so what?
My discussion of this already exists in this thread.

Then what's the Ogre going to do when his party fights against an evil party of near equivalent level? Say against a Zhentilar strike squad in FR or a contingent of Greyhawk Slavelords.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Then what's the Ogre going to do when his party fights against an evil party of near equivalent level? Say against a Zhentilar strike squad in FR or a contingent of Greyhawk Slavelords.

Switch sides?

:D

Axiomatic Unicorn

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wow I think I agree with reaper

Arcane Runes Press said:

Go back and read what I have already posted.

As part of a party the ogre character will not be the primary warrior. But neither is a rogue. If all you consider is straight combat, then rogues and monks and even paladins should never be considered as viable classes. Fighters will outshine them everytime.

The ogre can still contribute to the effectiveness of the combat, just as a rogue can. And at other times he can take a more central role.

Wolfspider

Explorer
The ogre can still contribute to the effectiveness of the combat, just as a rogue can. And at other times he can take a more central role.

I think that this is a good summary of your arguments so far.

I think the biggest problem will be making sure the person playing the ogre knows his limitations and doesn't expect that he will be such a front-line fighter....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads