LMoP [ooc]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
*nudge*

Here you go. I'll try to post an action today :( Leonan fires blob of acid at the leading hobbo and his adjacent friend and hides away...if you want to NPC him to that effect, feel free to do so if I'm the last.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
You're not the last: Castagyr hasn't declared an action for this turn yet; and Eddicus has only declared his readied action from during the Bugbears' turn (Crit!), so I think Eddicus still has an action to declare for this turn.
[MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION]: Welcome back!

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Alright, my own IC post from Wednesday the 12th is still the most recent one. If Leonan was going to do something this turn, I haven't jumped in front of him (yet). I do see that Castagyr has a declared action this round, but that action was merely to run and take cover behind trees, readying his lance for the approach of enemies.

Working on the theory that Eddicus still has an action to take this round before the Bugbears get their turn again, I'm going to go ahead and post his action for this round.
Soon.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
But I did post!? I shot acid burst and did whole of 1 damage

Edit: checked, no post :-( Posting now

Last edited:

mips42

Adventurer
As a reminder, Readying a action moves you to top of order for next round. Only a reaction lets you do a think on the opponents turn.

Axel

First Post
I think that's a holdover from 3.5 era thinking, mips.

Ready in 5e is mechanically speaking using your action to define conditions under which you will use your reaction (in addition to normal conditions), and what that reaction will comprise (flee, item use, attack, spell etc).

mips42

Adventurer
First, you decide what perceivable circumstance will trigger your reaction. Then, you choose the action you will take in response to that trigger, or you choose to move up to your speed in response to it. Examples include “If the cultist steps on the trapdoor, I’ll pull the lever that opens it,” and “If the goblin steps next to me, I move away.”
When the trigger occurs, you can either take your reaction right after the trigger finishes or ignore the trigger. Remember that you can take only one reaction per round.
Darnit, you're right. :/

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Regarding what is happening in the IC thread: Brlo is a dwarf, having maximum movement of 25' per round; and he is trying to herd captives, one of whom he had to shoot in the leg to keep from escaping. If the other party members now head straight for town, they're going to out-pace Brlo and the captives, leaving the Bugbears easy access to stomp the dwarf and free their two captured comrades.

In light of that consideration, I'm sort of glad people are at least trying to slow down the Bugbears by taking cover behind the trees and attacking at distance. There's a fair bit to be said for undertaking attrition of the enemy before being forced into close engagement, according to some theorists.

Edit to add: I also notice that Brlo has turned and used his action this round to launch a crossbow bolt at the Bugbears, which means he might be using the "stand and fight" tactic instead of the "run to town and get support" tactic. In light of that, it's probably fine that Leonan didn't express his comment about 'the-paladin-will-get-us-killed' out loud.

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Update because of the new map:
Brlo and his captives are near the first switchback to the west of the manor house. Much farther and he would lose elevation and lose line of sight to the rest of the party.

I had mistaken distances: I had thought the party members could get to the next stand of trees (for cover) before the Bugbears caught up with them. The Bugbears are faster-moving than I thought. . . .

Remove ads