LMoP [ooc]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I'd say we go up front, with Brlo as forward scout to warn us about any unwanted eyes, Vottr as support from the background (not silent and not human), Leonan and Eddicus as Redbrands (tm) with red cloaks, coming obviously toward the hideout.

I'm hoping they will not have anyone obviously guarding the house as it is supposed to be hideout, not a fort. If I'm wrong, Brlo can try to get the guard(s) on surprise with quick party support.

On the other hand, we might get good surprise coming through secret tunnel, but given how easily we found out about it, I bet some locals already know it and it is fair bet that bandits do too.

My vote: front door, masked
[MENTION=53915]GameDoc[/MENTION], [MENTION=61026]tuxgeo[/MENTION], [MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION], anyone needing short rest?

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
Brlo is ready to go, crunch wise. Only lost 2 arrows in the first encounter.

He is not geared for stealth, yet. Scale mail will give disadvantage, with only a level 2 characters stats to offset that. You won't get him out of the armour, either. :) Brlo will do well out front. Just not stealthily.

Playing a dwarf, I prefer the tunnel option. Dark vision is an excellent advantage against puny humans. :)

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Re: "Dark vision is an excellent advantage against puny humans." --

It is that. However, it is also a way to treat the whole party as being in a constant choke-point: we might only be able to get at them one at a time if we have to go through the tunnel in single-file formation.

Additional considerations: Eddicus is trained in Stealth (at a +5 on the roll), and wears studded leather armor (for not "clanking"), but cannot see in the dark. His AC 18 combined with Stealth training might be good reasons to put him at point; but not through the tunnel, because he can't see there without his Light cantrip, but the Light cantrip would obviate his Stealth.

Also: might the tunnel lead to a locked door? Anyone reaching that door, and trying to pick the lock by the light of a cantrip or a torch, might make enough noise doing so to alert occupants on the other side of the door.

We don't know, do we?
My suggestion: Just select one or the other -- manor house (possibly collapsing) or tunnel (possibly trapped) -- and let's go for it.

I really should post something in-character about this. It's a discussion we should be having in-character, after all.

GameDoc

Explorer
I'm good to go. Vottr just wants to be pointed towards a bad guy and fight, so he'll go along more or less with any plan.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Based on the posts above, it looks to me as though our consensus is for a frontal approach to the crumbling manor house, with a bit of stealth involved in scoping out the outside appearance in order to detect whether the Redbrands have guards posted.

I think this means Eddicus takes point, as he has the trained Stealth of the group. He's not going to hide his holy symbol of Oghma under a red cloak, though. Does Leonan, wearing a red cloak, want to take point along with Eddicus, to confuse any possible onlookers?

I'll leave this question here for a few hours before posting in-character; but I do want to get the party moving toward the manor house today if we can do that.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], Leonan will go with red cloak, trying to confuse anyone accosting him. He will use the same story enhanced by "we were at the stonehill in and Adrian Armond sent us onward"
- "Adrian" is the name I think the guy in the shed used, I'll go back and check
Checked :)

EDIT: here is the post where Leonan took the cloak

Last edited:

Remove ads