Locations in the Abyss

jasper

Rotten DM
Level 33 Tucker's Hot dogs. A small shop were demons and adventurers can rest relax and eat hot dogs. Poodles, shepards, chins, pugs, etc St beardnards cost a little extra.
Is this what you want?

Zappo

Explorer
Severion said:
" LAYER 390: THE HINGED PLAIN (THE CLAP) (I) [*] "

Not entirely on topic, but i've always wanted to send a party here for one last adventure.
What's in that layer? Hinges? Claps?

Ripzerai

Explorer
Zappo said:
What's in that layer? Hinges? Claps?

No one knows for sure, as it was never detailed, but we assume there are a few giant hinges and the entire layer folds up and smashes everything in it flat with a behemoth clapping sound like a book being slammed shut. Then it unfolds and it waits for new victims to come in.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Can someone with a handy copy of H4 give me a quick run-down of the following locales:

Thanatos: City of Straight Curves
Gaping Maw: Demon City

Thanks!

--Erik Mona

Zappo

Explorer
Ripzerai said:
No one knows for sure, as it was never detailed, but we assume there are a few giant hinges and the entire layer folds up and smashes everything in it flat with a behemoth clapping sound like a book being slammed shut. Then it unfolds and it waits for new victims to come in.
What's the source for this idea? Ah, doesn't matter, I'm stealing it anyway.:D

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Erik Mona said:
Thanatos: City of Straight Curves

page 75:

"14. City of Straight Curves
The appearance of this city is tremendously deceptive. Where avenues and buildings seem to be straight, everything actually twists around. Travel in a line will nearly always bring the character back to his point of origin. In addition, the distortion changes constantly, so a path that works one way will not return to the starting point if travel is reversed. This city is ruled by a powerful lich with a bodyguard of death knights."

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Erik Mona said:
Gaping Maw: Demon City

p35

"D. Demon City: The Palace of Demogorgon rises several miles high in the center of a great city occupied by over 100,000 demons of all types. The demons do not attack. For every six turns (one hour) spent in the city, each PC is drained of one life-level (no saving throw)."

Remove ads