• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Locations Mentioned in Races & Classes

Stogoe

First Post
Remathilis said:
hmmm... didn't notice so much name dropping...

more to my theory that there WILL be a default setting after all...

Eh. There's no greater context to the names, and no map. I think there's a good chance they're just evocative name-drops, for you to use in your game or not.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Haffrung Helleyes said:
That would be a very tall mountain indeed. in mountaineering, it's no great feat to climb a mile a week. So that's conservatively a 52 mile high mountain, over 250,000 feet, about ten times higher than everest. On earth, its top would be in space.
That's awesome. Of course . . . the specific reference was that an elf might spend a year climbing Mount Keannor, so maybe it just has multiple particularly fun faces?

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Reaper Steve said:
Thanks for typing this up... it's something I've been wanting to do but lacking the time make happen!
There's time enough for anything when you're completely free until the New Year's Eve party in the evening. ;)

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
mhacdebhandia said:
There's time enough for anything when you're completely free until the New Year's Eve party in the evening. ;)
Still it's very nice that you choose to spend some of it typing this info up... :)

the Jester

Legend
Very cool, evocative names and descriptions. I find them inspirational, at least... well... quite a few of them. :)

And low-detail enough to drop right in my homebrew, hopefully!

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I have re-read the snippet about the mountain in R&C and I'm not sure that it really implies that the mountain is super tall. It could be just that the mountain is huge and the one could spend a year exploring every nook and cranny...

Then again, there's something to be said for a 52 miles mountain...

DJCupboard

Explorer
Nikosandros said:
Originally Posted by Haffrung Helleyes:
That would be a very tall mountain indeed. in mountaineering, it's no great feat to climb a mile a week. So that's conservatively a 52 mile high mountain, over 250,000 feet, about ten times higher than everest. On earth, its top would be in space.

It's good for the scientists in the setting though... they get to study the mesosphere really up close.

It would be good for a bridge between heroic and paragon play for a star pact warlock, too.

Asmor

First Post
I find the temporal nature of the Eladrin cities very interesting, thematically speaking. It does wonders for tying them into the whole fey vibe.

Thanks a ton for this list!

Asmor

First Post
DJCupboard said:
It would be good for a bridge between heroic and paragon play for a star pact warlock, too.

Have they said anything about the nature of the pacts? I had assumed that a star pact was associated with the far realms, or the 4e equivalent thereof. You know, ancient things from beyond the stars...

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Asmor said:
Have they said anything about the nature of the pacts? I had assumed that a star pact was associated with the far realms, or the 4e equivalent thereof. You know, ancient things from beyond the stars...
That's the kind of vibe that I got. But to be able to commune with them from the peak of a super tall mountain sounds like a really neat idea...

Remove ads